Y&R: Josh Griffith interview with TV Guide

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The new character might not be connected to Sarge, they said they're working on it. For all we know it could be a Nate recast. And I'm sorry, but I don't think Abby is needed right now. You don't need every offspring of every character on the show at the same time. Considering how botched her SORASing was, she can use a break. If it took them a year to recast Victoria, Abby can wait. Marcy Rylan was terrible.

I do wish they had axed more people while they were at it. No point in wasting time. Chloe, Kevin, Gloria, Jeffrey and Chelsea need to go.

• Members

Sure, why not? Abby has never been necessary, she never should have been born, and she's never had one interesting story or relationship.

It sounds like they may not even have him tied to Sarge, which makes me think Sarge will be going soon.

I'm disappointed that the Woodstock zombie Fluckers is not going anywhere, but I'm glad Jill will be back and perhaps he will treat her with some respect.

I rolled my eyes at the saving Sharon stuff, as we already got that several times with MAB, Sharon the wounded bird, blah blah. But hopefully he actually means it and the character will find a direction.

I'm sorry we didn't hear about Traci returning. If Jack has some horrible medical crisis he needs more than Chompers and his greasy 30 year old son.

• Members

It sounds like he gets it, but doesnt get it at the same time. It's great he wants to repair Sharon.. but I worry about the mention of a love story. The last thing sharon needs is another love story, she needs to rescue herself and maybe go without a man for a period of six months or longer.

It distresses me that he wants to feature Phyllis more.. I think she needs to take a backseat, imho. Or rather, they change how they write her character. I think more characters need to chastise her more instead of acting like she walks on water.

Though I'm glad he would have Ashley back in a heartbeat! If Eileen is busy, he could always get the 'pretty' Ashley to come back!

• Members

The only part that really disturbs me is that he seems to have some plans for Tucker - who needed to die like yesterday.

Most of it sounds promising, but you never know anymore until it starts playing out on-screen.

And yeah, agreed that Abby is not needed - especially with this type of characterization that Maria gave her. it's not like they're adding a billion new character either - which Maria was guilty of.

• Members

One of my biggest pet peeves is when they hire Ted King, Lindsay Hartley, and Galen Gering to play latinos like there arne't actual latinos available for the job.

I once read an interview where Galen Gering was asked what it was like for him to play Latino roles when he is not latino and his answer was

"It pays the bills"

There are plenty of great latino actors and actresses in Hollywood who need to pay their bills and would bring the authenticity to these roles that keep being handed to non latino white actors.

Archived