Y&R: What FoJ should JFP bring on?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since she's already gotten someone from Hollywood Heights, maybe she'll be inclined to get another. She could possibly find her Abby replacement there. It's already been suggested that she get her Lily replacement there if a deal isn't reached with CK. And of course I wouldn't rule out James Franco making an appearance. I've even read some fears that she was clearing salary space for Steve Burton but I'm skeptical.

• Members

News Flash: JFP has come and never gone anywhere. Apparently the only person that didn't get that memo was you. :)

I think this would be a different kind of character for A and I for one like the idea of slowly introducing a new family to the canvas, though I see the patriarch as being someone more powerful, a white collar kind of guy as opposed to the blue collar good guy hero that he's already played. Make him related to Miguel, perhaps a cousin or half-brother or even brother-in-law, married to Miguel's sister. Connect them to the canvas the same way the Barbers were brought on connected to Mamie. Hell, maybe he could be Rafe's father and we've already met the first member of this family. I'd kill to see A Martinez go toe to toe with Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, and Stephen Nichols.

As for the wife and daughters, the casting possibilities are endless, though I'd like to see a couple newbies as the daughters and a more experienced actress playing his wife. And no, I don't mean Patricia Mauceri, Sandra Sauntiago, et all. I'm thinking more of an Isabella Rosselini type, but more apt to do daytime.

:rolleyes:

I get your SB hatred- it must have hurt to have ATWT's last golden period to be overshadowed by the smart, sophisticated, hip new show on the block but it was and it was deserved. ATWT had another 17 years to sweep awards, and did later on, but frankly, the soap lagged from '93-'00.

But honestly, save for Ben Hendrickson, I cannot think of an actor who had the soulful, heartfelt raw talent of A Martinez that appeared on ATWT in my lifetime. Any soap would be lucky to have an actor of his caliber.

For shame! But I don't think DAYS is even that dumb. Chris Kositcheck was a supporting, background character at best. He may have been popular but he was about as important to the canvas as Patrick Lockhart (save maybe for his relationship with Mary Frann's Amanda). Alex Marshall and Neil Curtis were vital, major characters in an important part of DAYS history. Quinn & Joe return as Alex & Neil or not at all (and I'm thinking the latter- those ships have sailed, sadly enough).

What's next? Gloria Loring IN as Laura Horton?

No to both and total NO to Denise Alexander, an actress who can do no better than milquetoast. She's one of the most overrated actresses ever to grace daytime and I'd sooner see her as an Esther recast than anything else. Maybe she wouldn't be bad as Dina Abbott, but that's another ship that's sailed.

Susan Walters was playing Alex Donnelley playing Diane Jenkins. No more. She even imitated her voice and I was fine with all of that because Alex Donnelley was and is Diane.

I wish Maura had been on as a completely new character.

And I agree with those saying that Fiona Hutchison would have made a fabulous Genievieve. She would have been PERFECT for the role and instead, yet another daytime exec wrote a role for an actress to "appease" her and she flopped in it. Good for JFP for having the balls to fire her again, no matter how bad it may make her look.

Ship her back to GH as weakling Laura because there's a damn good reason why Genie is always cast as the victim.

Archived