GH: September 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Its no question he's got a serious thing romanticizing rape, we just got out of a Franco rape storyline prior to his tenure but did he let that go? No...we got Konnie's rape and being taken advantage of by Johnny...it is seriously sick maybe because I just don't find rape storylines entertaining...and after dealing with Jake's death storyline I wasn't in the mood for another dead baby storyline with Starr...Actually I'm sick of baby storylines after this Jason baby switch, paternity switch, DNA switch I'm hoping this will be it for awhile.

He also as a macabre thing with D.I.D. he seems fascinated by it as well. I just don't find it dramatic either after a (short) while it bores me... there has to be another way .

I'm a Elizabeth fan and I'm not happy with her writing...especially what happened to her after Aiden...all I can do is shake my head on this and hope the poisen pen runs out but I'm not surprised; I knew she was going under the wheels. For me with a few exceptions overall Ron is writing women horribly on this show.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. He's really going to town. If anybody ever doubted that Carlivati has no respect for the audience, he's put those doubts to rest.

This is why I refute the assertion that the internet ruined soaps. Other showrunners use the internet to engage fans, he's just having a tantrum and being a dick.

• Members

But lying about who sired her kid is not the same as keeping another woman from hers. In the past, Liz has been a passive agressive bitch, but never would she do this. And if you take a character there, we need to see how she gets there. Liz all of a sudden deciding that she has to be with Jason and everything else in between happens off screen, that's bullchit.

Of course, I may have missed some things, but the audience, as a habit, have to connect the dots for Ron. It's exhausting. I watched yesterday because I was not going to miss CarJax or Sharly for any reason, but Liz sitting with Carly all delusional? When did that happen? I've waited 18 months for Liz and Carly to have a sit down and just drink coffee. I never wanted Carly to be speaking to Liz like a Liz was a mental patient, however. That was all kinds of wrong.

• Members

I tweeted him and he's saying that he's getting tired of .... "I'm getting tired of the phrase "under the bus." Can we try something else? How about "over the van"? E.g. I didn't throw her over the van."

So I said You gave Ellizabeth "skid marks" what other phraselogy I wonder would please him?

Yes Elizabeth has lied about paternity but she's never switched a test to my knowledge.

• Members

I totally agree. I felt TSJTodd was an !@#$%^&*] and he knew it. There was the humor but you weren't waiting for a studio audience to laugh. He played Todd as a total sociopathic !@#$%^&*] and if women liked him that was A-ok.

I liked that his Todd was able to move past Blair.

• Members

I'm not really even a Liz fan, but I feel bad for Liz fans. And I worry for my favorite characters. What will they do? I thought we got past the destructive writing with Guza. I thought we'd get more character driven stories, rather than plot driven stories. I guess not. It looks like anything can happen on CartiniGH.

Archived