GH: September 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. Whether you condone manhandling women or not, write the damn gang rapist of a sociopath character true to form, please. The stand up comedy routine is old and tired.

Reminds me of Ricky Paul-the-second-L-is-silent Goldin's turn as Jake 'Shecky' Martin on All My Children. Everything was a stammering, stuttering, comedy routine.

• Members

TSJ's Todd was never like this. Even when MM & JG, DH, or RC would play up the comedy with Todd (and they did, he was sardonically "humorous"), TSJ always stayed true to form and what a wacked out psycho Todd was always came through. I also just HATE Roger Howarth--everything about him turns me off and I felt the same way when I'd catch him on ATWT. I also can't seem to get over the deconstruction of Crimson (mostly the set--it was one of GH's best, IMO and now it looks like dog s**t) for him.

As far as today's episode--it was clearly themed and had a lot of parallels happening, but the cuts between Sonny/Johnny and Todd/"Connie" to the Shawn/Alexis/Jax/Carly stuff to Liason felt so schizophrenic even though it was all about moving on/not being able to move on. I can't even comment on what the heck is happening with Patrick and the new girls.

• Members

Tellingly, most of the comments I've seen are about how fun and entertaining it is when he uses and abuses Comedy Connie. Carlivati has done a phenomenal job of degrading women and mental illness to the point where viewers automatically see it as a sexy laugh riot.

• Members

No he wasn't. That's why some people shouted to the high heavens that TSJ was never the "real" Todd. Personally I thought he was the real Todd if the character had ever been allowed to grow up and mature.

I don't. In fact I used to LOVE him. But he checked out a loooong time ago. He not only chose the golden handcuffs of soaps, he's chose the golden ball gag and leather chaps. RH always claimed to hate playing Todd as a romantic hero but he apparently has no problem playing Todd as a combination of Jerry Lewis and Chris Brown.

• Members

[Carly bra and panties parade]

You're right. I still don't get that. I guess someone would say they also had Ewen the hairless ferret strip down to his underwear for no apparent reason, but generally women have been punished severely under this pen.

• Members

The first scene Sabrina was on there with Britt I thought it was cute. But then I was like "why am I watching 30 year old's acting like 13 year old's" And about the mental illness and the Rape storyline. That is the reason why people hate soaps! Soaps just do not take serious social issues seriously anymore!! Most people in my age group cant stand how fake it is!! Why can't writers now get there heads out of there [@$$#$], wake up, and smell the coffee and realize that just because they are the writer it doesn't mean that it is there show! Also, If the networks allowed the show's to regain there identity by hiring writers that actually cared about the shows and are competent enough to tell a convincing story I believe that they will thrive again. If they do thrive again I bet the networks will be shocked that they can actually make a profit. I hate the excuse such as character driven doesn't sell because it does sell and that there are two many optionsl!! The first time I watched soaps regularly was when I was a sophomore back in 2008. I got sick and watched the episode when Jesse/Angie reunited at the train station (I am talking about AMC). Anyway, I couldn't watch the soaps because I was still in school and I was not able to record it but I watched old episodes on YT to educate myself on the characters. The show I fell in love with was a nice character-driven and relatable story. I became regular during the tornadoes that October when Babe died. I was thinking that it would be edgy for a while and then go back to the way it was (meaning 20 year before hand). Boy I was stupid. Hell, before I watched those old episodes I thought it was a new thing that soaps ran daily!!

Anyway, I am done with my 2 cents!! Don't know if I am the male Julia Shugarbaker or Mr. Douglas on Green Acres!

• Members

How the F is John having such legal troubles getting to see his baby. Are judges really wasting all these months preventing allowing Natalie to go into hiding with the baby over a photo of a kiss??

Not to give Carlivati a shred of credit, but modern opinions are that DID does nearly always stem from true childhood trauma (not teenaged), and incest at that.

Archived