Favorite Movie Quotes

EricaKane70

• Members

"Noooo more wire hangerrrrrrrs!!!"-Joan Crawford(Faye dunaway), Mommy Dearest

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."-Michael Corleone(Al Pacino), Godfather part II

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."-Rhett Butler(Clark Gable), Gone With The Wind

"I'm not asking you to kill him; I'm asking you to bury him. If he dies in the process, that's his problem."-Mona Demarkov(Lena Olin), Romeo is Bleeding

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My mind is not working right now but I will list the ones that come to mind.

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" - Gone With The Wind

". . . after all tomorrow is another day." - Gone With The Wind

" As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again." - Gone With The Wind

the usual suspects line from Casablanca

"I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." - The Godfather

"I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." - Wizard of the Oz

the squeal like a pig lines from Deliverance

"Here's looking at you kid." - Casablanca

and I forget which movie it was from but love when Bette Davis says "Fasten your seat belts it's going to be a bumpy night". It may be All About Eve

• Members

"Luca Brautse put a gun to head....and assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract." - The Godfather

"They're all gonna LAUGH at you!!!" - Carrie

"If there is a steady paycheck involved, I'll believe anything you say." - Ghostbusters

"Luke.......I........am your father." Star Wars

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Some from John Water's 'A Dirty Shame'

They've got blatant homosexuals shopping right here in our store. They eat life, you know... Sperm!

Did you see those new neighbors moving in? Hmm? Grown men with hairly legs prancing around half naked? "We're bears." What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I heard your daughter Sylvia picked up a bottle with her cooter in the old folks' home!

It's not safe out! People are shaving their crotches as we speak. There is pubic hair in the air! Everywhere!

Perverts are taking over this neighborhood.

If you haven't seen this, you must watch it! Tracey Ullman, Johnny Knoxville, Selma Blair, Mink Stole, and Chris Isaak are a hoot!

• Members

"You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of the sudden even though you have some place where you can put your stuff that idea of home is gone. You'll see when you move out it just sort of happens one day one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean it's like this rite of passage, you know. You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for you kids, for the family you start, it's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place." - Garden State

"We may not be as happy as you always dreamed we would be, but for the first time let's just allow ourselves to be whatever it is we are." - Garden State

"I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday. " - American Beauty

"I'll grant you I've had more than my share of poignant moments. Life passes most people by when they're busy making grand plans for it. Throughout my lifetime I've left pieces of my heart here and there. And now, there's almost barely enough to stay alive. But I force a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent. There are no more white horses or pretty ladies at my door." - Blow

"No one will ever love you as much as I do. Why isn't love enough?" - Closer

"Oh, as if you had no choice? There's a moment, there's always a moment, "I can do this, I can give into this, or I can resist it", and I don't know when your moment was, but I bet there was one." - Closer

"It's a lie. It's a bunch of sad strangers photographed beautifully, and... all the glittering assholes who appreciate art say it's beautiful 'cause that's what they wanna see. But the people in the photos are sad, and alone... But the pictures make the world seem beautiful, so... the exhibition is reassuring which makes it a lie, and everyone loves a big fat lie." - Closer

And also from Closer:

Dan: And you left him, just like that?

Alice: It's the only way to leave someone. "I don't love you anymore. Goodbye."

Dan: Supposing you do still love them?

Alice: You don't leave.

Dan: You've never left someone you still love?

Alice: Nope.

• Members

"I'm not mad at you, Helga, I'm mad at the dirt" -- Mommie Dearest

"Tina! Bring me the axe!" -- Mommie Dearest

"Don't [!@#$%^&*] with me, fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo." -- Mommie Dearest

"Toe pick!" -- The Cutting Edge

"Spindler say before he skate with her he wear garlic from neck and sleep with cross." -- The Cutting Edge

"So that's why everyone around here treats me like some dime-store floozy. They all think I'm screwing the boss. And you just love it, don't you? It gives you some kind of cheap thrill like knocking over pencils and picking up papers. I've put up with all of your pinching, poking, staring and chasing me around the desk because I need this job. But this is the last straw. I've got a gun out there in my purse. Up until now I've been forgiving and forgetting because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thing. If you say another word about me or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot. And don't think I can't do it." -- Nine to Five

"Did you leave a cigarette burning?" -- The Towering Inferno

"No. No, you can't... STOP. Please don't go away. Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave... if you leave... I just, I remember things better with you. I do, look. P. Sherman, forty-two... forty-two... I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And-and I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget." -- Finding Nemo

"There is a name for you, ladies, but it isn't used in high society... outside of a kennel." -- The Women

"Good grief! I hate to tell you, dear, but your skin makes the Rocky Mountains look like chiffon velvet!" -- The Women

"She's got those eyes that run up and down a man like a searchlight." -- The Women

• Members

It is clear that I must find my other half. But is it a he or a she? What does this person look like? Identical to me? Or somehow complimentary? Does my other half have what I don't? Did he get the looks? The luck? The love? Were we really separated forceably or did he just run off with the good stuff? Or did I? Will this person embarass me? What about sex? Is that how we put ourselves back together again? Or can two people actually become one again? - Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Archived