Flannery OUT at B&B

• Members

I think her leaving has been a long time coming. I think she's wanted to leave and they've enticed her with some other things like giving her a chance to direct a bit to stay. But she obviously doesn't need the money. I think she was hanging on for a few years for the sake of the show.

And I don't believe this will impact the Ron Moss situation at all.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

I don't believe Flannery's exit will impact the show as much as Ronn Moss' will, but it will still be a blow to the series. If they can't get Flannery to at least pop in from time to time on recurring status, and they instead opt to kill the character off...then this will be a huge loss for the show, IMO.

• Members

Wow, that is so sad, but not surprising. It's an end of an era, and B&B had 25 solid years of the "core four". Thank goodness whatever Emmy voting bias there was against B&B was changed so that the Emmys started flowing for Flannery in 2000. She's one of the all-time greatest actresses and I was so glad to have met her and speak with her. I hope they go all-out for her departure. I want flashbacks and--- if they decide to have Stephanie die--- have a jam-packed funeral with loads of former characters, the way DAYS' Alice Horton went out in style.

• Members

It's shocking, but Susan has said that she was thinking about leaving for a while, I think about 2008 or so. She hasn't had a decent storyline for a while, other than that fiasco with Thomas that happen last summer.

I don't want her to be killed off, and I think it would be nice to just have her guest star as some of you have already been saying.

I wonder how they will write her off, I honestly am convinced that they are just gonna have her and Ridge leave together because they are always tired of their spouses going against their wishes when it comes to their children/grandchildren. AKA the triangle from hell drives those 2 out of town, typical Bradley Bell I think.

• Members

Susan has been hinting at retiring in recent years so if she has decided to leave now, then I wish her well. Damn, she has entertained the hell out of me over these last 25 years. I watched B&B from day one and boy, have I adored Stephanie through her various incarnations.

• Members

B&B is doomed. I don't think the show can survive losing both Ronn and Susan so close together. With John McCook as marginalized as he is this really only leaves KKL as a strong presence of the core four.

I wonder if KKL regrets signing a new contract now. Without Susan around she loses her absolute best screen partner. The Brooke-Stephanie scenes have always been the best of B&B.

• Members

I agree with those who think this was in the works for a long, long time. Retirement rumors started almost a decade ago with Susan. I also don't think it's down to Ronn Moss.

Stephanie has been slowly phased off the canvas, which the show has done a good job with. The problem is they have no one who can replace her. People say, "Brooke is the new Stephanie!" but she's really not. Brooke is Brooke. No one is the new ____. It doesn't work. They need to bring in another older actress for a large role.

Stephanie has been a horribly written gorgon in recent years. I will mostly just remember her for the first 5-10 years of the show.

• Members

I hope that SF isn't going anywhere and this is just a publicity stunt by Brad to show us that RM's leaving isn't that important.

Characters as important as Stephanie and Ridge deserve big, dramatic exit storylines for . This is not Dr. Tricia Quick or Harry Jackson. Their exit should drive story for years. The first version of Stephanie (the aristocratic, cold Mrs. Forrester of the first years) was my favorite character (followed by nineties vixen Brooke) and one of Stephanie's best storylines (for me) was her friendship with Beth Logan, who just happened to be Eric's first love.

Whatever Susan decides to do, I as a B&B fan thank her for the beautiful memories :)

Archived