Flannery OUT at B&B

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It had to happen at some point, though I don't feel as though Stephanie has run her course. I hope they still trot her out on holidays and bring her back for limited runs. I think that could work rather well for everyone involved and I could see it happening down the road.

I wish her well. In my opinion, she's the finest thespian in daytime, and certainly the queen bee of her generation of actresses (that are still working in daytime). There is a unique blend of thoughtfulness and realness that Flannery brought to her roles that is rare of an actress working in any medium right now. The quality she brings to her performances will be missed.

And of course, I'm gonna miss the hell out of the Stephanie/Brooke relationship, by far the most interesting relationship on the show. I hope someone like Patrick Mulcahey pens her final episode, or rather their final episode together, someone who really taps into characters and their relationships through dialogue.

• Members

I don't think it would be a replacement - she's a very distinct actress and Stephanie is a very distinct character. They need some type of strong older presence on the show, especially since most of the 40/50something characters are so weak and Eric is useless.

I can't see Liz on B&B, because she's such a quirky actress, but I'd still love to see her.

I wish Beverlee McKinsey were still alive :(

• Members

I just think said actress would seem so out of place bc there are no peers her age to interact with outside of McCook who is barely there as is (and most likely next to go). What Stephanie and Eric have is their history and connections to the characters which keeps them viable even with little to do. A new character, not so much, especially since the show has shifted in a different direction a long time ago. If anything, Id rather see them bump up Pam to account for the loss of Stephanie. Its too bad Patrick Duffy left bc I liked Steven and Pam and wouldnt have minded seeing them in actual stories

Archived