Flannery OUT at B&B

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad AND surprised at this news. Surprised because I assumed that with Ronn Moss's departure, Brad bell would convince Flannery to hang on for a little while longer. Gosh, I will miss her. She is the show for me.

I have no confidence whatsoever that this Steffy/Liam/Hope mess alone can hold up the show. None. And as far as people in danger of leaving, the lovely Jacqui Mac (the one actress who could and should be the "next Brooke") is likely not long for B&B. That girl has bigger fish to fry. Bradley Bell doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

As for bringing in replacement Stephanies -- no. It would look too obvious and Stephanie, quite honestly, is irreplaceable. Kim Zimmer and Erika Slezak, god bless their Emmy-winning cotton socks, are not right for B&B and do not have the talent that SF has (obviously IMO). Bobbie Eakes is not needed and I was never a big Macy fan to begin with. I'd accept Lauren Koslow as Margo was a founding figure on the show, but I'd rather she stayed on Days. Jill Abbott could work given Y&R and B&B's sister-soap status.

• Members

B&B's Flannery Staying!

By SOD • Posted: Aug 21, 2012

susan-flannery---jpi.gif

© JPIOriginal cast member Susan Flannery (Stephanie) reportedly asked to be written out of B&B after 25 years, but the show managed to work out a new deal with the daytime legend. "Susan, for quite some time, was thinking she needed a break or just have some personal time," Executive Producer/Head Writer Bradley P. Bell tells Digest exclusively. "She's been through a lot personally; we know that she had her own battle with cancer and she’s had such an amazing career that she will continue to have as Stephanie Forrester, but I think it's not so much as a disagreement between her and the show, but more Susan figuring out where she is right now and what she needs. Now, Susan is going to have an incredible time with a new storyline that we've never seen before; something completely unique and interesting." For more on this story, check out the new issue of Digest, on sale Friday.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bbs-flannery-staying

• Members

I don't think Susan should be replaced, but if we're playing pretend, I was thinking Erika Slezak in an interesting turn.

Another great choice would be Constance Towers (The Revenge of Clarissa McCandless!), who had been considered for the role of Pam.

Archived