July 16-20, 2012: B&B/GH/DAYS Up In Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB is way down from even the LML days, when the show was regularly getting upper 3's and sometimes low 4's. I don't follow the ratings minutiae as some of you do, but do you think it's the storytelling quality that has ratings tanking, or has the downward trajectory pretty much been proportional with that of the other shows? I know the show is pretty crappy at the moment, but they've always retained their loyal viewers through thick and thin. I always attributed that to the show not being as unfamiliar as others have/had become and that it airs during the lunch hour in many markets.

• Webmaster

Unlike DAYS, GH and even B&B, I blame Y&R's fall solely on the creative team. There are so many people I speak with who still watch Y&R and even they are sick of the show and rarely watch these days. That's not because of the rest of daytime, but because of the creative (or lack of) team.

• Members

Y&R has sucked for so long and these ratings are deserved. I, for one, am looking forward to JFP and JG taking over the show. And I am thrilled that B&B has remained so consistent and that they didn't go down featuring Marcus & Dayzee. As for DAYS, GT & CW can't start soon enough and I find GH extremely entertaining and I hope the ratings start really reflecting how fun the show is.

• Members

I bet the uptick was something to do with the rewrites starting to creep in this week. There seemed to be some actual momentum in the episodes that I hadn't seen in a long while. This doesn't mean it was much good, but it's better than it's been previously.

Archived