Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/exclusive-yr-scribe-stepping-down

Digest has learned that Scott Hamner, Y&R's co-head writer, is taking a temporary leave of absence. "I had decided to let my contract expire but Maria [Arena Bell, executive producer/head writer] asked if we could call it a sabbatical instead," explains Hamner. "She really didn't want me to leave, so I agreed to take a few months off. She has been so gracious and generous about my need to take a break and I appreciate that." In what could be viewed as a lateral move to help Bell focus on writing duties during Hamner's absence, Daytime Confidential is reporting that Jill Faren Phelps, who is the current executive producer for HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS and served in the same capacity for GENERAL HOSPITAL, GUIDING LIGHT and ANOTHER WORLD, is in talks to take over the EP reins at Y&R. So far, there is no comment from the show.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You think she'd fire Christian LeBlanc? He's always worked hard to present himself as a major "team player." Tracey E Bregman flies under the radar. I would be devastated if Doug Davidson was fired, but I could see JFP not having time for Paul.

Morrow's going to have to start practicing taking his shirt off again. Muhney will wise up and kiss ass where it counts.

God. Just writing all this makes me realize how even more soulless Y&R would be under JFP's stewardship. But hey! As long as the lighting looks nice and the GCPD has a brand-spanking new set!

• Members

I will be honest with Maria Arena Bell she was absolutely the worst executive producer. Had zero EP experience and it shows in the running of the show. It just isn't good. Steve Kent goes way back with JFP from Santa Barbara days and loves her. Hired her for HH so this is no surprise as Steve makes the big decisions. Remember it isn't the Bells blocking Victoria Rowell's return, Steve Kent has sworn Victoria Rowell will never step foot back on Y&R and he made that a promise.

JFP has alot more experience and she was great on GL/SB. Her AW stint was so mixed. I abhorred her OLTL cause it was all her vision and her refusal to hire a head writer in 1999 so she could become head writer. The thing is OLTL stint got great demos and at the time Angela Shapiro rewarded her with GH for 11 years. Her GH stint though was mostly Guza's vision and she was more figurehead then her other soaps. JFP is the clear example of a woman at the right place at the right time. She has EPed SB, GL, AW, OLTL, GH, and now Y&R that would be six soaps. What is JFP secret to her longivity?

Oh btw Jess Walton can stay. The story is Kale Browne comes back as a man from Jill's past and the big story is Jill/Katherine fight over Kale Browne. I could see Linda Dano at Y&R. JFP loves older vets but she loves her friends. JFP loves music montages, her FOJ's and lots of other stuff.

• Members

There's no real point to Michael now, and it would save money. She does love dark stories, so she may just have him go nuts. But I wouldn't be shocked if all the Baldwin/Fisher piranhas hit the road.

MAB really will do anything to avoid taking responsibility for this show. No wonder Sheffer runs riot. I dread the thought of JFP/Sheffer. They might as well just run Straw Dogs 5 days a week.

I'd replace Kale with David Forsyth.

Archived