Latest Jackson Family Drama...

Angela

• Members

So the week started out with the rumor that the Jackson siblings (Michael's brothers and sisters except for LaToya I believe) were petitioning to try to get control of Michael Jackson's will from the lawyers who currently distribute his funds/estate which includes $70,000 a week for Katherine to take care of Paris, Prince and Blanket. The siblings noted that their mother was currently ill and/or had a stroke. Paris went off on Jermaine on Twitter about that (as she was sure it was untrue) before apologizing to him for making it so public. Paris is a big ole Twitter brat, BTW, which I realized this week. I had no idea she was on Twitter.

Katherine hasn't made contact with her grandkids (Michael's children) in 8 days. On the 7th day the grandkids filed a missing persons report. Jermaine made it clear his mother is being treated in Arizona on doctors orders following that. Paris went to Twitter with these comments yesterday and today...

the same doctor that testified on behalf of dr murray saying my father was a drug addict (a lie) is caring for my grandmother... just saying

8 days and counting . something is really off , this isn’t like her at all .. i wanna talk directly to my grandmother!!<|3

Today there was a report of a physical altercation at the Jackson compound in the last 24 hours. Police were called in. Names haven't been released.

Good Morning America is planning to do a story on this in the morning.

So the conspiracy theory is the kids are holding 82-year old Katherine hostage until she joins their crusade to get rid of the lawyers for Michael's estate.

ETA:

CNN on the July 17th Letter that started this all...

The letter mostly repeats allegations made by family members, but it also threatens new legal action against Branca, an entertainment lawyer, and McClain, a music executive, who worked with Jackson at several points in his career.

"We know there is most certainly a conspiracy surrounding our brother's death and now coarse manipulation and fear are being used to cover it up," they wrote. "Your heartless pursuit of wealth, fame and power is at the expense of our family, whose deepest desire is to give to the world a gift of hope, love and unity through our music."

It was signed by Janet, Jermaine, Tito, Randy and Rebbie Jackson. Jackie, Marlon and La Toya Jackson did not sign it, nor did parents Joe and Katherine Jackson.

"We are saddened that false and defamatory accusations grounded in stale Internet conspiracy theories are now being made by certain members of

Michael's family whom he chose to leave out of his will," estate spokesman Jim Bates said in a statement to CNN. "We are especially disheartened that they come at a time when remarkable progress has been made to secure the financial future of his children by turning around the estate's finances as well as during a time when so many of Michael's fans, old and new, are enjoying his artistry through exciting new projects."

The will, which was validated in probate court in the months after Jackson's June 25, 2009, death, put all Jackson's assets into a trust that benefited his mother, Katherine; his children, Prince, Paris and Blanket; and charities. Branca and McClain were named as executors.

The signature page indicated that Michael Jackson signed the will in Los Angeles on July 7, 2002, on which date the Jacksons say he was in New York.

The siblings' letter charged that "without question, it's fake, flawed and fraudulent."

"According to what is witnessed in the document, it is impossible and illogical that he could have been in two places at one time," the letter said. "We have evidence that undoubtedly supports and proves that Michael was absolutely not in Los Angeles, California, on the date his signature reflected in the will at hand."

They also questioned why their brother would name as executors someone he disliked.

"Our brother told us, in no uncertain terms and without hesitation in the months prior to his death, that he despised both of you and that he did not want either of you to have anything to do with his life or estate for that matter," the letter said. "We know that and you know that."

Courts have already settled the matter, the estate spokesman said.

"Any doubts about the validity of Michael's will and his selection of executors were thoroughly and completely debunked two years ago when a challenge was rejected by the Los Angeles County Superior Court, the California Court of Appeals and, finally, the California Supreme Court," Bates said.

The Jackson brothers and sisters also accuse Branca and McClain of abusing their 82-year-old mother through lies and manipulations.

"Your actions are affecting her health, and on top of that, we've just found out she recently had a mini-stroke. Please understand, she's not equipped to handle the stress load you are putting on her," her children said. "She feels, as she has said, 'I'm stuck in the middle.' She too knows and acknowledges the will was forged. She wants to do the right thing, and move in the direction of justice for her son and family, yet she fears the POWERS THAT BE."

Katherine Jackson's lawyer Perry Sanders disputed that she was in poor health.

"Mrs. Jackson is extremely lucid and does a great job caring for Michael's children," Sanders said Wednesday.

The siblings also attacked Sanders, Katherine Jackson's manager, Lowell Henry, and adviser Trent Jackson for discouraging her from joining their challenge of the will's validity.

"Instead, her so-called advisers are convincing her to let them negotiate 'deals' with Branca and McClain on her behalf, or is it on the behalf of all of you," they wrote. "Her advisers' loyalty seems to be skewed by the percentage you offer them, preventing them from advising her properly."

Sanders responded that he's always been available "to speak with or meet with any of Mrs. Jackson's children to answer any questions they might have. It is unfortunate that they haven't taken me up on the offer."

"Anyone who actually knows me knows my only loyalty in this matter is to Mrs. Jackson, and the public record of my success for her speaks for itself," Sanders said. He pointed to success in paying off her $14 million civil court judgment to a South Korean company, persuading the estate not to sell the family's Hayvenhurst mansion and "helping get her family allowance increased almost tenfold, to name a few."

The siblings' letter told the executors they have "dishonored everything our brother stood for."

"Your greed and hasty business decisions have shown that you have no regard for the preservation of his legacy, nor the quality of work that he exemplified," they said. "You have disrespected our parents and family too many times. We do not respect you as executors, and we don't respect the projects and choices you've made, nor do we appreciate the public perception that the Jackson family is behind all of this, exploiting Michael our brother for financial gain, when it's the two of you and your affiliates who do so."

Finally, the five Jacksons wrote that they would "take every appropriate action to seek justice and to see to it that the truth be known."

"Be informed, we are considering retaining a law firm, Baker Hostetler, who have advised us on the potential criminal misconduct in your actions. We will hand this over to proper authorities," they wrote.

Bates said the executors "have diligently carried out their fiduciary duties as well as their obligation to Michael to make sure that his estate benefits the only family members he named in his will, his mother and his three children."

TMZ on Paris' response to the letter...

Michael Jackson's only daughter is going to war with one of her famous uncles ... claiming Randy Jackson is spreading dangerous lies about the family ... and she's calling him out in public.

It's all over a letter that supposedly "leaked" to the Internet this week ... in which Randy, along with Jermaine, Janet, Tito and Rebbie demand John Branca and John McClain resign from their positions as the executors of the Michael Jackson Estate, effective immediately.

In the sharply-pointed letter, the family claims Branca and McClain have "failed" in their duties ... taken advantage of the family ... and have stressed out Katherine Jackson so much, that she recently suffered a "mini-stroke."

Randy went to Twitter and verified the authenticity of the letter Tuesday night ... but the very next day, Paris called BS on her uncle.

In fact, the 14-year-old went to her own Twitter page ... and wrote, "i am going to clarify right now that what has been said about my grandmother is a rumor and nothing has happened , she is completely fine."

She added, "i'd like to know who made up the rumor… i will defend my beloved family member with all i have , even if it means from other family members.”

Minutes later, Paris sent a new message directed to Randy -- which said, "@randyjackson8 hello dear FAMILY member i don't appreciate you telling everyone things that aren't true thank you very much."

When one of her followers suggested Paris should have respect for Randy ... she replied, "Maybe he should have respect for his mother."

Paris has since deleted the tweets.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I believe that this is all about the money, this happened right after some of the siblings signed a letter claiming that Michael's will is a fake. If Katherine ends up siding with the idea that the will is a fake, we'll know what the objective was. It's an odd situation.

• Members

Today on The Saga of "All My Jackson (Grand)Children" (I don't mean to make light of it, it sounds a little bit scary actually)

From TMZ:

072312-janet-jackson-tmz-wm-2.jpg

Katherine Jackson's legal team claims Michael Jackson's siblings have concocted a diabolical plot to remove Katherine from her home and her "beloved grandchildren" ... and part of the plan involved ambushing MJ's children.

Katherine's attorney released a statement saying, "Yesterday afternoon certain Jackson family members ambushed Katherine Jackson’s home after their vehicle tore through security gates on the tails of the SUV containing Michael Jackson’s children."

"After exiting their vehicles, Jackson family members ran up to Michael’s children as they yelled and began to aggressively grab at the cell phones in their hands. Out of concern for the well being of Prince, Paris, and Blanket Jackson, the children were forced to temporarily leave their home and have been taken to a safe location. An altercation ensued shortly thereafter and law enforcement arrived at the scene."

The statement continues, "Following the incident, it was learned that one of the family members who was part of the ambush admitted that a plan has been in place for the last three years to remove Katherine Jackson from her home and her beloved grandchildren."

"Prince, Paris, and Blanket Jackson have not heard from their grandmother since she left their home nine days ago to attend a series of her sons’ concerts on their Unity Tour. She never made the shows. Despite efforts to interview Katherine Jackson at her current location in Arizona yesterday, Los Angeles County Sheriffs confirmed that they were denied access to Mrs. Jackson by security for one of her children. “

The Michael Jackson Estate has also released a statement saying, "We are acutely concerned about the welfare of Mrs. Jackson, and most particularly with Michael's minor children."

The statement continues, "We are concerned that we do what we can to protect them from undue influences, bullying, greed, and other unfortunate circumstances. While we do not have standing to directly intervene, we have monitored the situation and will continue to do so. We believe measures are being put in place that will help protect them from what they are having to deal with."

Janet and Paris going at it over the cellphone yesterday... (I do think Paris needs to stay off the internet but whatever is going on behind the scenes is a lil bit bizarre so maybe the internet is a friend here)

A cousin (Tito's son) tweets to Paris & Paris' latest tweet...

TJ Jackson I know it's completely unfair for them to do this to you and your brothers. We will keep trying. I love you.

https://twitter.com/ParisJackson

9 days and counting… so help me god i will make whoever did this pay

The siblings who are not playing a part in this circus are LaToya, Jackie and Marlon.

• Members

Janet has to have money, lots of it - I'm not sure why she's participating unless she honestly thinks her mother is trusting the wrong people OR because she doesn't want her siblings bugging her for money. But why not let grandma and the kids talk if this is not stemming from greed?

• Members

Yeah I thought LaToya would be involved in this before I ever thought Janet would.

I feel for those poor children, they don't need this on top of losing their father. Their grandmother seems to be doing a capable job of taking care of them. Why can't t hey honor what Michael wanted

• Members

Oh, big woo. Paris is probably being a snotty ass teenager (You know how they are), and all that video shows is Janet tryin to snatch the girl's cellphone. From what I'm reading, The siblings are saying the will is fake, and they have rock solid PROOF that Michael was not in Los Angeles the date the will shows that it was signed and notarized. I'd be willing to bet money that this is an intervention to get Katherine away from the influence of dirty, greedy lawyers. I'd almost bet that those attorneys for the estate are ruthless and preying on an elderly woman who may or may not be in the early stages of alzheimer's. It happens all the time, seniors being snookered.

Let's see if I get this straight... Paris is bitching about not seeing her Grandmother. Her Grandmother is in Arizona. Janet comes to TAKE THE GIRL TO ARIZONA. The girl refuses to go and gets on twitter and bitches about being kept from her grandmother. REALLY? Sounds like a snotty out of control teenage girl to me. The press needs to quit treating Paris like a grown woman.

• Members

Randy Jackson talks to Al Sharpton about wuz going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_Rc7BMZlI0

Paris Hil...Jackson does seem very, very obnoxious. But aren't all kids these days thanks to Twitter? Sigh, the Twitter generation.

I got no issue with them wanting to make sure the will is for real if that's all they're doing. Anybody who is holding Michael's money is suspect to wanting Michael's money. That said, I'm not sure the situation is as black and white as taking either sides word for it. Maybe Randy and crew wanted to shut the kids up like they shut Katherine up. This situation is too creepy for even reality television.

Archived