Latest Jackson Family Drama...

Angela

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many people who never had a childhood seem to go into an eternal childhood when they get older.

I was never a fan of his and I always thought he was a very damaged person, but I can see why he was wary of most of his family. Their behavior is shady and they seem to do little but cause problems. He did pay their way for most of his life. When you are a meal ticket, and you know it, you are damaged by it.

• Members

Well, Carl... I see it with Jermaine, especially as an issue of him feeling like Michael used them to get where he was... then he walked off and left them to fend for themsleves. To be honest, I find it extremely hard to have one shred of respect for anyone who has more money than most people would see in 10 lifetimes, and STILL could not manage to live within those means. And I'm sure his family feels the same way... Michael WASTED probably 100 times more money than his siblings ever asked him for. I'd be pissed, too.

• Members

I guess I don't see it as him leaving them to fend for themselves. He was the main attraction in the Jackson 5, but still stayed with them for over a decade, even recording some on their last album, after he was already a superstar in his own right. They all had chances at solo careers during these years. They had some hits of their own. They had every chance.

No matter how much money he wasted, he still ended up paying the child support for several of his brothers. I just don't see how they have any reason for moral outrage.

• Members

I think the outrage comes from the fact that if Michael DID help them in the past, he probably would STILL help them if he were still alive, and these attorney's are blocking that concept. I don't think the others had every chance... there is only so much Jackson product that the public is willing to consume, and by him leaving his brothers after they acheived their initial success TOGETHER, I would have never left the group to begin with. If I wanted to be a solo artist, I would have been one from the start. I don't think Michael was the only attraction of the group, as I said before, if Jermaine had been the lead singer of the group, I would have bought every album they put out. But as it stands, I only have a Greatest hits compilation.

• Members

I'm not much of a fan of Michael Jackson's music either, but I do think he was their main draw. Jermaine and a few of the others had videos, solo albums, at the peak of his Thriller success, so that was their big chance. Janet managed to make a career on her own.

I think ultimately a group like that, which was mostly built around him (even if the others were talented), is always going to drift apart. I'm surprised that he stayed with them as long as he did.

They're always going to make some money from his name. Not just touring, but reality shows, interviews. I think when they're middle-aged men and they can't pay their own child support, after almost a lifetime of making money, then they're the problem.

And Randy Jackson, another one Michael was supposedly paying child support for, has been a judge on the most popular TV show in America for a decade. I have no sympathy for him, even if I have a little for the other siblings.

• Members

That's a different Randy Jackson on American Idol.

If Michael wanted his siblings to have any of his money, he would have stipulated that in his will. He left everything to his mother and children, which makes sense. Jermaine and Randy are both too old to expect to live off their brother's fortune. Randy plays a lot of instruments and session work sustains a lot of people, as does songwriting. Jermaine sings and plays bass, he can make a living as well. They may not make a huge fortune, but they could make enough to take care of their children.

• Members

You do realize Michael was a child when this group was formed and it was something he did with his brothers who all had their own individual talents?Please tell me how or why Michael would've been the solo artist from the beginning. And Michael stayed very loyal to them and even went on tour with them after the Thriller era. Why are you trying to villainize him for being successful on his own? I have no sympathy for Randy or Jermaine. They can get off their asses and get their own jobs instead of expecting their dead brother's estate to pay for the well being of THEIR children.

If you want to blame anyone for Michael being the breakout star blame Berry Gordy. He is the one that deemed Michael the star, he did it with all of his other groups he signed to Motown (most notable one is Diana Ross). Life isn't fair. Michael was successful on his own and they weren't. Oh well.

• Members

You say he "helped" them...I see it as they "leached" off of him. Either way, he was gifting money to family members who did absolutely nothing for it. And lest we forget it was Michael Jackson's fortune to blow. He earned that money, he spent that money and it was his right to do so.

The lawyers are blocking the "concept" of paying his siblings because Michael Jackson's will expressly excluded his siblings, so it is obvious that, in death, Michael Jackson had no interest in supporting his grown siblings. The attorneys are BOUND to execute Michael Jackson's will, to not do so would land them disbarred, negligent and working in bad faith, even jail. They HAVE to follow his will, that's the law.

Archived