NBC poised to fire Ann Curry from the Today show

dragonflies

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I would have loved to see Ann on the Emmy's spoofing all this bullshit, she would have killed it.

NBC is playing this all wrong, they've played it all wrong from day one...Ann isn't going quietly into that good night, she has far too many powerful friends to fade away. I can't wait till she defects from NBC and goes to CNN, BBC News or ABC News.

• Members

I also wanted to say that I'm glad this has dragged on and on and on, even with Ann Curry taking herself out of the equation. They obviously thought viewers would just see Curry as an old bag of bones being replaced by the sweet young thing. The whole thing was so crass that even people who were not overly enthused with Curry must have been put off. The industry routinely assumes the public sees women as nothing more than property, and every once in a while, it backfires.

• Members

You don't argue with the customer, your viewers or do you. NBC can defend what they did until the cows come home as they say. The proof is in the ratings since Ann Curry was pushed out, The Today show has continued to lose its position and lose ground to GMA. The bump it got from the Olympics dropped right back down once the games ended.

• Members

Are they really trying to make a case that The Today Show is more serious and issue oriented than GMA really? You mean the show that would rather show Christie Jenner's breasts over the 9/11 ceremonies? Going to the press as an angry man trying to defend Lauer makes this joker look worse. He should just keep his mouth shut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That was interesting. They seemed to try to present many sides, which is rare today. I just will not watch that show as long as Matt Lauer is around. I imagine they will recover some viewers but with him around it's always going to be a burden.

• 1 month later...

Archived