NBC poised to fire Ann Curry from the Today show

dragonflies

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I lost valuable irreplaceable brain cells reading Matt Lauer's bunch of lies in the original Daily Beast article. He is so full of it. He offered to resign, my ass. He suggested that they go slow and take care of Ann? Please, they gave Ann a shitty goodbye and shoved her out the door. if she thought that he cared on iota, she would have never ducked his fake goodbye kiss.

• Members

I don't think he would have done that, just for ego reasons.

He is an albatross. Asking Katie Couric to return, which would have been a big step backward for her as well as the show, and likely not increased ratings by a large amount, is a good example of what the show should not be.

• Members

Well I'm glad to see in that article that their reports and surveys show that Today Show viewers do NOT want to see the show turn into another GMA. Personally, I've always preferred The Today Show. I like their brand, their set, their interaction with the crowds, etc. but they're not overlooking Times Square. GMA just looks too busy visually and content wise I always see just fluffy celebrity stuff. Perhaps it's because I don't see the first hour, and I realize that both shows focus on actual news and politics during the 1st hour. Just my preference. But Matt Lauer definitely rubs me the wrong way nowadays, and I always am looking for an underlying truth in whatever side remark he says.

Personally, I loved and still love Katie Couric. I know it'd be a step back for her, but I don't think it would've been a backtrack move for Today had they been able to snatch her back.

• Members

Ratings for the morning show and GMA still on top

MORNING SHOW RATINGS
Week ending March 10, 2013
Five-day averages

Program

Network

Households

People 2+

Rtg%

Shr

Total viewers (millions)