GH: Alternative

• Members

I don't get why anyone feels sorry for him. You put yourself out there expect to get some craziness because the internet and the anonymity associated with it allows folks to go to extremes. I say the same for the actors who do it. If you don't like the feedback there is an easy way to alleviate it, leave. Does someone have a gun to his head forcing him. i think what someone said is true, he in particular is an attention whore. If not for the crazies he interacts with online, no one would care or know who he is. How many people know who the writer is for a TV show.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

*raises hand* But I admit I'm an outlier.

I love when writers and showrunners interact directly with fans in an intelligent way and I believe that Twitter, Facebook, blogs, message board, podcasts, etc...are all great ways for a show to build a community and keep fans engaged. With audiences getting smaller, shows need to fight harder to bond with fans. Soaps never got that. They counted on people watching out of loyalty. What RC is doing on twitter is the epitome of not understanding that the market has changed.

Archived