Guilty Pleasure Soap Couples

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't agree with that and don't think he did either. Max Holden was the Brad Carlton of OLTL. But Brad kept being Brad when he was with Traci, Max tried to be something he wasn't when he was with Luna. IMO anyway.

:) :)

To each their own! Taste in anything is always subjective. ;)

• Members

I think that Max didn't change quite as much as JDP thought he did - Max was a rogue, but in the late 80's he also had a big heart, was kind, supportive, loving. The main difference was that he no longer had gorgeous ladies at his side, but I don't know if the attempts at this when JDP came back (LeAnn, Blair) were overly successful.

I do think Luna/Max lasted too long, but unfortunately the attempt to take him back to being a rogue just seemed to mean making him a bastard.

• Members

With the GL clips, watch it with the sound off. ;)

The vibrator scenes were written up in CBS:SID, but really they were Blake saying it is okay to go without if you can't be with who you want, not worth it to bang idiots and better to please yourself.

Mitch your version of GL would be interesting...

• Members

The Henry/Mike comments made me realize how close Henry was to all of Katie's men. Simon, Mike and Brad were all pals of Mr. Coleman (when they weren't using him). Heck, Henry was the only one that could see Dead Brad, and the last person he made contact with before going up to The Light (remember that pizza?).

I think TPTB weren't sure for most of Henry's run whether he was gay or straight. I think they deliberately made him asexual, but all his quoting from The Wizard Of Oz made you wonder. Then when they finally made him straight, they did so with a vengeance....it seems like all he ever did was have sex with Vienna and Barbara.

Still, the one thing I'll mostly remember Henry for was his devotion to Katie.

• Members

True, but Henry & Mike, at least IMO, were the most special. Trent Dawson definitely played it the most with him and I think had a greater repartee with Collier than he did with Paul Leyden or Austin Peck. It helped that Collier played it some too. They were a surprisingly sweet comic duo, almost like what GH wants Spinelli/Jason to be (or what they think they are for that matter).

• Members

I really think that Tomlin, and then Malone, went a long way in trying to rehabilitate the character, though--especially in his last year, when he and Gabrielle became friends again, and of course he did go back to raise his other two kids when he lost Al.

But of course, I do have a heavy bias here wink.png .

• Members

I never watched GL save for bits when visiting my grandmother - who loved the CBS lineup. But - and I know they turned out to be a lasting couple - I did see Ross and Blake (Sherry Stringfield only, thanks) on YT and thought they were hot, age difference and all! But I don't think they were supposed to be root for, right? Ross was involved with Blake's mom, for heaven's sake!

But chemistry does trump a lot, I guess.

I did watch a tiny bit with the other Blake, but - and I'm sorry because I know she was on 'til the end apparently - I didn't think she was that good and certainly could not sell sex kitten with Ross like SS did.

But since - as I said - I never watched GL in "real time", maybe I missed her better performances.

• Members

There was no real rooting couple in Blake/Ross/Holly, initially, because Holly and Ross probably weren't supposed to be together long-term. He was a safe choice for her, not someone she loved.

I agree with you about Liz Keifer...it took me years to accept her (ironically, it was during that ridiculous "twins with two fathers" story - that's when she first began using comedic skills to offset stupid plotting). I think she and Jerry had a sweet, believable chemistry, but nothing ever compared to those scenes when Sherry Stringfield was leaving.

• Members

I just realized reading this that RC retroactively removed some of the yuck factor from Todd and Marty when Todd/TSJ became Viictor but that doesn't undo the fact that I ended up turning OLTL because I could not justify watching that.

Mine would have to be from GH:

Sonny and Carly part one. I was reeled in when she walked to the Face of Deception party in the rain and they had that moment.

I will also throw in Stefan and Laura because of SN and some degree of innocence in Laura when they floated the possibility that he could be Nicholas' father just because.

And even Stefan and Katherine based on a montage featuring Jason/Robin and Brenda/Jax with a song that I loved a great deal which was also used on 90210 with Donna and Noah ("Anytime")

Archived