Guilty Pleasure Soap Couples

• Members

Actually, Alec's initial story with Gloria & Adam and Brooke's Tubal Pregnancy is what got me into AMC.

But the Hayley/Alec/Arlene storyline is probably my fave AMC story of all-time. The pathos and psychosis of Arlene, her relationship with Hayley, and the twisted fixation Alec & Arlene had on one another was beyond fascinating to watch.

It KILLS me that it's practically impossible to find clips of the story on youtube. Hell, even Alec pouring alcohol down Arlene's throat (an attempt to give her alcohol poisioning) was kind of hot in a sick, sick way.

FMB was the EP then, right? Was it Broderick or McTavish that wrote that storyline?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roger & Holly on GL. Though I only caught them as a child in MZ's final years on the show (started watching from 93 onward), along with not knowing/understanding their history (ie. him raping her), I loved those two together and that is the ONLY rapemance that I'll cut for b/c I feel that Roger always felt remorseful (like Jack on DAYS with Kayla) for raping Holly, and did silly things to try and prove to her that he was trying to do better. Plus, MZ and MG has stellar chemistry that was sometimes too hot for TV. I could've watched them for hours and they were Guiding Light to me.

Danny and Michelle (JBL version). Hot. Hot! HOT!!! That scene when they were in the room and he was giving her the "man speech" and how he wanted to touch her was just so hot along with the pool scene in San Cristobel. NSA version was alright but original MANNY was where it was at! They made the later years of GL good for me.

• Members

I think the story started with McTavish but I'm not sure how much she had to do with the Alec/Arlene part. I know it must have at least started with McTavish because in early 1995 Hayley was having newly created flashbacks of her past (with the black wig - nice continuity, for once).

You can find complete episodes from spring and summer 1995, but like you said, few or no clips. It's too bad, as I just love watching Olivia Berklund in that role.

• Members

These two are my current guilty pleasure and yes I ship them even though I know nothing will happen

tumblr_m4xpfdYilg1qd5h71o1_250.giftumblr_m51lqkqMuf1r9c8mno3_400.gif

Doesnt that look like a HOT Days Promo? Man Im sure the ratings would go up if they aired that on tv

No Todd and Marty would apply. I thought RH and SH had crazy chemistry in the mid 90s and at times wondered if the show was gonna pull another Luke and Laura here

• Members

Will's expression here is so "Brady Bunch," it's hysterical.

IIRC, too, Howarth was not opposed to pairing Todd and Marty, per se, but he felt the circumstances surrounding her gang rape simply were too graphic and beyond the level of a typical, ambiguous "soap opera rape."

• Members

Stefano and Chloe, circa 2001. He was intrigued by her around the time of the Coronation Massacre. Can you imagine if they went that route? I could actually see them doing that, since Chloe was practically in every storyline during that era.

• Members

OLTL's Paul Cramer and Natalie (then) Vega! I also guiltily floved all 5 seconds of the David/Kelly teasing between Malone Round II and Dena Higley. TSJ's Todd & Kelly was another one I was hoping would extend past that beginning-of-the-baby switch kiss, however craze it was!

On AMC, the only time I was able to tolerate Zach was when they were teasing him with Dixie in '06 . . .

Archived