Deception: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After watching tonight's episode, I am convinced that this show should be a mini-series. WIth its low ratings, I hope that they wrap up the stories since a second season is not coming. Hook Joann and Julian up, have the real murderer of the Kimberly chick, Vivian, reporter, and Ben come out. I figure it is Robert's competitors.

• Members

I was always convinced that Revenge should've been a mini-series, but clearly that show had other plans. With that said, I actually think it's easier for Deception to continue with a second season than it WAS for Revenge. Unfortunately, however, the ratings for Deception doesn't warrant it.

• Members

I thought the same thing about Revenge. I never could see how the show could string out Amanda's revenge into two or three seasons. Now I see that its ratings has tanked and I am not surprised.

As much as I like Deception, I am already tired of Joann's back and forth with Will and Julian. It feels just like a ploy to extend the drama. She should just tell Julian the truth and get it over with.

• Members

IA Ann granted I hate the triangle now more or less because of Will... he just annoys me that much.

Excited to see that the ratings had an uptick last night as reported by Deadline & TV Line

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/tv-ratings-the-following-the-biggest-loser-down-the-bachelor-up-deception-castle-rise/

Sucks that NBC might still axe it even though TBL sucks major a**.

• Members

I was one of those people initially pulling for this show to succeed but I think you all may be right. They may need to wrap up Deception at the season's end (hopefully they will get that long to conclude).

What's more, I think the script and production are a bit sloppy.

I had to make a note in the comment section on the site about a glaring inaccuracy that I noticed on Monday's episode.

It is small but to any NYCer or anyone who has ever lived in Harlem, it is glaring but I guess they thought no one would notice.

• Members

So now it's all Joanna's fault that she and Julian aren't together. Next it will be because of something related to his sub. That whole psuedo triangle is such unnecessary half-drama. They'd get more mileage out of having Julian and Joanna together and his finding out about her down the line.

They're pointing the finger so hard at Robert and mildly at Sofia that it should be neither. Maybe they'll just settle on Haverstock.

• Members

I agree about Julian and Joanna. They are hot together and last night was so sad. Joanna broke both their hearts. I think that the writers are playing the long game with Julian and Joanna because they were thinking that there would be a second season. Well, there won't be a second season so I hope they get Julian and Joanna together and tie up some of the story by the last episode in a few weeks.

I am pretty sure that it the competitor played by Scott Bryce who is behind the whole thing. No way would Robert hire Russian mafia. I cannot believe that this has not occurred to Will or Joanna, but then they are incompetent cops.

• Members

I'm thinking incompetent is an understatement. Is there a word that's way way beyond incompetent? Joanna is a walking guide book on what not to do when undercover.

We can skip over avoiding cameras and get to the chasing, revealing your identity... Sure those guys ended up dead and didn't blow her cover. Next is the bad reporting manual. So you stand inside of a shop and broadcast that she's undercover. And Will is too stupid to get that she's still going to be snooping around...possibly until she ends up dead as well though for some reason she probably won't.

I was thinking that Scott Bryce's character might have some relationship with Julian's sub. Her bathroom scene set up a potential pregnancy or something else. I first thought she might have slept with Haverstock to influence him but he seems to like them younger.

I guess we'll see what the Russian mafia has to do with the whole thing....probably front money. I guess SB's character may have had an arrangement with Vivan's boyfriend who had second thoughts. Maybe he told Vivan everything and she was killed to keep her silent and he was killed for the same reason. If that's the case, then the Lyritrol test result with the two deaths was genuine and the "real" one was manufactured.

• Members

Great minds. I had the same thought, but didn't want to say it because it sounded so out there. But when the guy was telling Edward about Robert owning the company that made the pay offs, I thought that it seemed so ridiculous. Robert is a brilliant business man. There is no way that his tracks would be so easy to uncover. It made me think that the drug was effective and there were only two deaths which is why SB's character went to get lengths to discredit the drug by feeding Vivian's false information. I would not be surprised if she was killed because she figured out that she was being played and was going to tell her father. Unfortunately, Edward has now been sucked in and is doing what the competitor wanted done in the first place.

Archived