Deception: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I really liked the pilot too and I liked pretty much everyone in the cast. Meagan has such an amazing body. wub.pngsmile.png Didn't know Bree Williamson had a part on the show - hopefully she'll be in more episodes (flashbacks).

I liked Tate Donovan's character and the blonde step-mother the best.

Looking forward to the rest of the series and hope it's as good as Revenge.

• Members

She has a kickass body, curvaceous and sexy as hell. Yet she manages not to look emaciated like so many other leading tv actresses. I am thinking of that chick on Nikita, you can see her ribs. The only thing that I would fix on Meagan is that hair, it is way too long.

As long as she is mostly a corpse. LOL!

• Members

I rewatched the pilot since I was doing other stuff when I initially watched it. Loved it even more even if some of it was predictable. I totally called Mia being Viv's kid after seeing the picture of Mia at 28 mths. in her book. I loved the beginning of the series with Tate's character sticking it to that pervy dude.

I can't wait to see what happens and I hope that it is successful so we at least get a full season.

• Members

This latest promo has a few more snippets. There is one scene of her bed with Will. I am surprised that she is still sleeping with him, but she probably needs someone to get her mind off Julian who I bet she reall wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eknUyKpCPFQ

Here is first look/behind the scenes video. I love that Peter Horton is one of the directors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QMOe4XKIlU

• Members

LOL! I know what you mean. Why else would I be searching the Internet for something to watch and end up finding these clips. I am totally at loose ends since The Walking Dead's winter finale. I am barely holding on for Justify's premiere next week.

Jennifer Ferrin, yep, that is her name. She looks very plain in this role. I wonder if she will be Robert's mistress and all glamorous outside of work. I hope the show does well enough to get a second season. I am already into the Julian/Joanna/Will love triangle.

• Members

We almost there Ann, just hold on like Wilson-Phillips sang. I never could really get into Justified no matter how much I love Timothy & Nat Zea. Maybe one day I'll marathon it on Netflix.

LOL! I wouldn't be surprised but then again maybe its just a one off role? Or a recurring one. LOL I figured you were and I bet you kinda like Julian/Joanna more than Joanna/Will. I swear I just realized that Meagan & Laz were in two movies before this show (Stomp The Yard & Jumping The Broom).

• Members

I love Justified. I think it has the best writing on tv at the moment. The dialogue is witty and the plots are clever. A majorly under appreciated show with an insanely talented cast.

Jennifer Ferrin was briefly in the pilot so it does seem like she has a recurring role. Julian did say that she got a promotion which is why her job was available for Joanna.

Right now, I am leaning towards Julian rather than Will, but that is my hot sexy dangerous bad boy tv attraction rearing its head. LOL! I have to see how it plays over a fewer episodes as it is implied that Julian has a dark side with anger issues. I do like Will though and he is probably the safer option for Joanna romantically.

I really do think that Meagan needs to cut her hair.

• Members

You're selling me but I think much like Breaking Bad that might be another show I'll enjoy once it ends its series run and then with a weekend marathon so I could get through it all and hopefully enjoy.

WHY didn't I put much thought into that?! See what I miss when I'm doing 10 things at once while trying to watch a drama. So happy we have you because you seriously remind me of lines or moments I forget or miss.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I like the way you think. I do indeed. I know and that he uses meth as revealed by his bro. I love how they out family issues at the dinner table. Hey, who wants to play it safe? Maybe she never got over her past but I felt what Viv said to young Joanna was a 'way harsh Tai' moment.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I LOVE her with long hair.... or maybe it was just the style of her short hair cut that rubbed me the wrong way whenever I saw it. I was so happy when they put on more weave for her.

• Members

Here's a bit more media to add on to what Ann posted a little earlier. Here's a BTS shot of them filming scenes from an upcoming episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-72QQw51-rE

The Family Tree, uh oh Ann, I think you were right! I spot JenFer in the second clip and I believe you are on to something! The second one focuses on Robert & Sophia. I swear I don't think they know how they want that character's name spelled. On the vids there is a f and everywhere else it is ph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7YmE14w-wg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SszvBJ3KGSI

Sorry they won't embed... I'm very hit or miss with that.

• Members

Not only do they not know how they want to spell Sophia's name, last time I checked NBC had not completed the official Web site. It is a really slip shod way to launch a new show, but that is NBC for ya!

Ferrin was the person who told Robert that the police wanted to talk to him in the pilot. She looked familiar then although I did not recognize her until I saw the clip I posted.

I hope we get more of the tense dinners. It reminded me of how there would always been a very entertaining dinner scene on Dallas where family members would snipe and insult each other.

From the promos, it plays like Joanna was much closer to the family that shown in the initial pilot. Robert was the only father she ever knew, she was best friends with Vivian, and in love with Julian. We have not gotten much about her relationship with Edward, but they hint that he is a good person under everything maybe better than his father and brother. I hope that they play up her bond with the family, showing that she is actually one of them rather than an outside, because will raise the stakes of her deception.

• Members

Ha, and don't forget that cast promotional image which looks like most of them have just been photoshopped in. If it ain't The Voice or Revolution NBC just doesn't care.

Oh man, the dinner scene in the pilot is now one of my favorite TV dinner sit downs. Tate's character was just so damn blunt.

Agree with you on your last point and he definitely had an axe to grind about her being away for 17 yeas and only resurfacing now after she's gone and remember his line about him being in trouble and where was she then? I am intrigued about how he felt towards her when she was younger since he is a little older than Viv & Julian. I absolutely loved Sophia sticking it to the former assistant... LaNasa is so much fun!

• Members

LOL! So true. I watch Grimm and NBC has made an effort with it, but for the most part, it is such a half-ass network. ABC and CBS work hard to make sure that their shows are well promoted online and in social media, but not NBC. No wonder it has been struggling for years.

Archived