NBC Fall 2012 Schedule

Toups

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

- Putting Revolution, Go On and New Normal after The Voice

Dislikes:

- Community on Friday (oh well, at least it's coming back, so I'm grateful for that)

- No 1600 Penn on the fall schedule (I was looking forward to the show)

- 30 Rock at 8pm (it should be on at 9pm or 9:30pm)

I guess NBC is not going to even try on Thursday at 10pm. LOL

• Administrator

Harry's Law :(

- Greenblatt on canceling Harry’s Law: “It was a difficult decision. Everyone here respects Harry’s Law a lot but we were finding it hard to grow the audience for it. Its audience skewed very old and it is hard to monetize that.”

Old people don't matter.

• Members

Is NBC ran by a bunch of morons? Why the hell would you spread out your comedies across 4 days like that and why hell would you seperate your only two multi-cams, Whitney and Guys with Kids? If a few of these comedies fail your schedule is going to look like swiss cheese.

Sad that NBC is giving up on Thursdays at 10PM, a slot they used to dominate with ER.

One smart thing they did was finally bench Biggest Loser.

• Members

Reducing TBL to one cycle is smart. It should have been done awhile ago to preserve the show. It seems like its always on. And now, the same will happen to the Voice. Its just too much of a good thing, honestly. This is what kills these reality shows more than anything, IMHO.

Community on a friday? interesting. I can see it doing fine because it is a genre show, it has that scifi kind of cult following to it. really tho, the pretentious thursday night shows should have been moved to tuesday or somewhere and a new comedy block should have been launched, with ads for "the return of must see tv" or something to try and grow, as well launching a new drama after them like they used to do.

• Members

You probably already heard this but NBC is saying they're making major changes to The Voice, which is needed, IMO - the show seems to lose all steam after the audition rounds (I'd also get rid of several judges).

• Members

I would have done this schedule:

MONDAY

8PM The Voice

10PM Revolution / Smash

TUESDAY

8PM The Voice Results

9PM The New Normal / Save Me (midseason)

9:30 Go On / 30 Rock (midseason)

10PM Parenthood

WEDNESDAY

8PM Whitney

8:30 Guys with Kids / Community (midseason)

9PM Law & Order: SVU

10PM Chicago Fire

THURSDAY

8PM Animal Practice

8:30PM 1600 Penn / Up All Night (midseason)

9PM The Office

9:30 Parks and Recreation

10PM Infamous

FRIDAY

8PM Grimm

9PM Hannibal

10PM Dateline NBC

MIDSEASON: Do No Harm

• Members

Glad for Grimm. I like it. I hope the finale of Awake answers the question of which world is real.

Not surprised that Biggest Loser is "being put on a diet", as one article states. Life support seems more like it. In the last few seasons, they:

-lost Jillian

-had the Anna Kournikova disaster

-had an increasingly surly and weary Bob Harper acting like he patented exercise

-had a bunch of unlikeable contestants this season, including 3 walk-offs

-had a month's worth of shows reduced to 1 hour

-had the finale reduced to 1 hour (with this last bunch of contestants, that was actually a blessing)

TPTB are alienating a lot of viewers with their increasing showing of the more negative aspects of the game and of the contestants. I'm wondering if they're purposely trying to kill the show.

• Members

They are revamping TBL, ive heard.

What they need to do is.. stop with everything they have been trying. Drop the concepts. Pick interesting contestants with good stories and personalities. Let them work out, diet, struggle. This is what made the show a hit.

• Members

Yes I completely agree the people of NBC are idiots! I think they like playing the game,"how low can we go". Whitney and Community on Friday is a death trap! Mad that Law and Order is moving to 9 and I predicting all their new shows will fail and be canceled. Nothing except LO interests me.

• Members

I agree. I wish they would realize that not all reality shows are created equal and even if the same viewers are watching, they watch different shows for different reasons. Watching to see people backstab each other is one thing if that's part of the basic premise of the show. But sometimes people watch for other reasons, like The Amazing Race to see all these different countries, DWTS to see, well, dancing, and TBL to get some info and inspiration seeing people lose weight. The Condas of this world might be entertaining on a show like Survivor but they aren't why people watch TBL and only serve to alienate folks who want something more out of the show than drama and a bunch of whiny, entitled brats. TBL needs to go back to the way they did earlier seasons and stop trying to be something they're not.

Archived