Y&R 3 Time Daytime Emmy Winner cast as Heather Stevens

• Members

Y&R was already used to throwing Diane under the bus (she was treated almost as bad to prop Giggly under Jack Smith) but this last time & the treatment of Maura was horrible.

Grace wasn't a thankless role but Y&R will NEVER allow another vixen on the same show as their pet Giggly.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There was a rumor going around DC, or somewhere else, that Sony cast Maura West, and MAB, who was determined to prove this was her show and not to let Sony call the shots, then went out of her way to sabotage Maura and completely destroy Diane, to spite Sony. I think this was talked about among some of the main soap bloggers, not just a commenter or someone claiming to be Mystic Meg.

• Members

Wow, if that's true, then shame on MAB. She truly should pick her battles- to do that to someone with the immense talent of Maura (she's seriously the best in the genre and she's UNEMPLOYED) is bad enough. But to do it to someone who just moved a family of 7 across the country and is counting on that income to support her family is....just.....LOW.

• Members

All this talk of MW being the best actress on daytime is making me itch. She was just as mannered and prone to histrionics as Michelle Stafford. The woman didn't have a subtle bone in her body. I really don't think she's any great loss to the daytime community.

• Members

I loved Maura's work in the early years she was on ATWT. After that, I think the character lost her way, and it was never the same, but I think she did a good job. I think she would have been a good fit for Y&R if they'd tried. Of course you can say that about many actors hired by Y&R in recent years, but the handling of this behind the scenes and the way some actors spoke out so loudly about her storyline always bothered me.

• Members

If that's true about Sony forcing MAB to hire West, I really can't blame MAB for doing what she did. As someone who loved Diane when Walters (and to a lesser extent Donnelley) was in the role, I wish the character hadn't been killed. But if that was the only way to get West's horrendously miscast Diane off the show, so be it. Sad to say but I'd rather have no Diane at all than West's Diane.

• Members

If she's that incompetent that this was the only way she could deal with a forced hire (especially given the poor quality of her own hires, like Daisy Duke), then I wish she'd just quit already, go write a show about MOCA.

• Members

During MW's ATWT tenure, she managed to have FIVE kids and still brought her A game, no matter how weak the story was. (Also, unlike Y&R, ATWT was hamstrung with cancellation threats, major budget cuts (on an already low budget), etc.) Anyway, I hated that MW's next gig was Diane. The Grace Turner would've worked - MW had long hair before she cut it to give that conservative look for Diane. I hope Landon has better luck.

• Members

FCOL, as in---hey, ATWT hardly get to talk about their show anymore, period. Outside of the cancelled shows forum.

Two, I was pointing out that no actor/actress is universally liked. Outside of Beverlee McKinsey and perhaps Susan Flannery. In general, I can't stand ABC actresses, period. I have more respect for Slezak after watching her for the last year of OLTL, but I still think she's unnatural and stiff most of the time, no matter who she played.

That said, I still think comparing Maura to MS was a low blow. No one's as horrible as that creature.

Archived