Y&R 3 Time Daytime Emmy Winner cast as Heather Stevens

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well good for you for having a varying opinion, but there's a difference between mannered and tic-laden. I wouldn't ever call Stafford's approach to acting mannered. More like labored and, oftentimes, predictable. She relies on the same bang of tricks and mannerisms, but a mannered actress she is not. To me, mannered is actually quite complimentary. Some of the most mannered actresses in the business were Beverlee McKinsey and Victoria Wyndham and they are considered among the greats.

Did you see her's and Park's Emmy submission last year? You wanna talk about some subtle, mannered, layered acting and writing, do yourself a favor and watch those scenes. Even when they got to the part about the compass, which was trite by then, the symbiotic acting of those two was a marvel watch. These were quiet, honest, personal scenes, stuff we don't get in the 2000s that they did in the 50s. And under lesser, tic-laden actors (like Stafford and LeBlanc, for example), those scenes would have been like nails on a chalkboard. But with West & Park, they shone and they sang.

I can understand those who have only seen her on Y&R (and bits and pieces of her ATWT stuff) thinking she's not God's gift. But what Maura hits on her worst day are notes that are just not within Michelle Stafford's register. For me, that's just a fact. Perhaps a silly one, but a fact nonetheless.

Archived