The Grammys Thread

Soapsuds

• Members

I can't believe I forgot to comment on Nicki -

As a Catholic, I didn't find it expensive. It was a story. Anyone that follows Nicki knows that she has those "alters" in her music, and an exorcism doesn't seem offensive if you've listened to her prior music - the "mother" and "mother's warning" is a common theme throughout. And considering exorcisms are a real part of the church, I don't see the problem with it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nikki's exorcism was no more or less offensive than LL's prayer to god about whitney.

Taylor Swift looked amazing. loved that dress.

Adele was perfection. She can really belt it out.

Jennifer Hudson? Amazing. Beautiful tribute in such a short amount of notice. Just her, her voice and her emotions. Very fitting.

Adele winning everything? As she should.

Overall it was one of the most entertaining and all including Grammy telecasts ive seen.

• Members

I don't see what one has to do with the other really. I didn't find NM's performance offensive so much as desperate. That's just the landscape of the industry I guess, when you're hustling to keep your spot among the Beyonces, Gagas, Rhiannas... I saw LL's prayer as a kind, respectful, appropriate gesture that Whitney herself would have appreciated, and to me that's all that really matters.

Archived