The Grammys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just look at the "he can beat me any time" stuff on Twitter. That's because it's still fresh in the public mind. No one is saying they want Glen Campbell to beat them.

He can have any career he wants but I do think the Grammys came across as celebrating the abuse. I read that they also said something about they were also victims in what had happened, which is, IMO, tacky as all hell.

• Members

So Chris Brown should be banned from performing ever again? He was nominated and is popular right now of course he would perform. I didn't know the Grammys were the morality police.

I'm not excusing what he did but if it hadn't been Rihanna and just some random nobody most wouldn't even be this upset, and even if you are people make mistakes.

Those are some ignorant people on twitter. He isn't associated with that. I don't know why people put the stuff they do on the interent but once again that's not his fault.

• Members

I am not saying he shouldn't move on, but I don't think the Grammys should have involved him. He clearly didn't need them for his career.

I do appreciate that he is trying to move on with his life. I just get the feeling, and have all along, that he, and many others, see him as the victim, not Rihanna.

• Members

The problem is, I don't think he was ever really that remorseful for it. Just last year, he went off and broke a window on a television set after he was asked a question he didn't like. I think too many excused it just because they like his music and that's ridiculous.

• Members

+1 to you and Carl both wink.png

Uhm you just contradicted yourself by saying you're not making excuses for him. "Everyone makes mistakes" oh should we say that the next time a man beats a woman and she dies from it? Actually if it was some random nobody, we wouldn't know about it cause that person wouldn't be in the public eye, like that douchebag & Rihanna are

+1 billion

• Members

I don't see how the Grammys having him perform today is celebrating what he did three years ago, but I guess that's just my opinion. I still don't get how Miranda Lambert can be all up in arms about it while her husband performed a tribute to a man who did the exact same thing. Regardless of what stupid little girls are putting on Twitter, I don't see how it all adds up.

• Members

Making an excuse is absolving him of guilt. I said people make mistakes you weren't there when it happened. I really don't follow him to know that he is smug I just hear his music on the radio. Like I said it's not his fault people continue to buy his music. What he did to her gas nothing to do with the Grammys it's about MUSIC.

• Members

For me, that just adds to the overall stank of the situation, but as I said, that's not his fault. It may however contribute negatively to his sense of what he did to Rhianna, that there are so many "forgiving", i.e., crazy, girls out there. I really hope there's enough sense in his head for that not to be the case.

Archived