The Grammys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, it was elephant in the room/trying to elevate the mood awkwardness.

Where the hell is wall of the excitement LL pimped all week? And no, I don't think it has anything to do with Nippy's passing. I'm surprised LL didn't have even one number.

I do love this Beatles song though.

• Members

Oh.... in that case, Diana's award was taped yesterday, or so I was told... so it's not her fault I don't think. In fact, i'm told the very minute she was accepting her award yesterday was when CNN announced Whitney's death. Ross' fans are mad as hornets, of course, because Whitney dying upstaged their diva's big moment. I hate Ross fans, so this made me smile. and Carl, shame on you! Mary already ruined her recording career and her tour, she don't need to cause Diana any MORE embarrassment.

• Members

Diana was one of the recipients of this year's Lifetime Achievement Award, it was briefly mentioned in the telecast.

Boring-ass show, but then again, the Grammy's are hardly taken seriously anymore.

2011 was Adele's year, she wasn't just a UK/US phenomena, she was a global phenomena. Deserving of every award she's gotten.

• Members

It's nice to see someone refuting the idea that having some extra pounds means you dress in the most unflattering way possible. And she doesn't have the BBC English accent.

I do wish she'd toned down the clown lipstick though.

It was such a contrast to her and the other nominees in her category - Gaga and Katy Perry doing the LOOK AT ME. I hadn't seen Bruno Mars in a while. I had forgotten how much he looks like a woman in drag.

Archived