January 2-6, 2012

Toups

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow look at B&B and its not even at it's full potential. Thas great. What a radical swing for Y&R. From 5.3 to 4.3 million viewers by weeks ends. Like Wow some holiday huh?

Gh and Days. Not goin gto say anything. Its the same story each and every week

But good job to B&B even with ur mother show tumbling!!!

• Members

B&B

Monday: 2.7/3,793,000

Tuesday: 2.5/3,386,000

Wednesday: 2.6/3,686,000

Thursday: 2.5/3,249,000

Friday: 2.4/3,145,000

Y&R

Monday: 3.9/5,387,000

I can't remember the last time B&B hit that mark as its had to be around 2-3 year period since B&B hit a 2.7 but I could be wrong.

Even though most of the people who study the ratings have been amazed with OLTL's performance I've always been more amazed with B&B's performances b/c it was not that long earlier last year where B&B was getting real close to ATWT's final season ratings and I was really starting to believe at that time that CBS would axe it when its contract was up but now their making it extra tough on CBS to get rid of them in 2013.

Y&R has gotten more AMC viewers than DAYS has b/c of the familiar faces on there. Y&R has been up these past few weeks too as its still slow pacing to me personally but its gotten a little better lately. CBS might be better off keeping these soaps for a few more extra years until they really start to bottom out.

The positive about this year has obviously been OLTL & B&B's ability to stop the bleeding trends in 2011. I'm hoping GH and DAYS will turn things around big-time this year. DAYS really needs to keep Chad and Melanie on more days of the week as that's the only time I'm entertained by it these days.

OLTL fans will have a chance to jump aboard that GH bandwagon as I'll make a bold prediction and say that regardless of if GH gets cancelled or not it will have a huge bounceback year in the ratings. You guys can hold me to it if it never bounces back later this eyar.

• Members

I agree but I also believe some OLTL fans may want to get their soap fix by keeping up with their characters on GH. I think all GH needs is a facelift through this new regime and to bring back the quality, if they do that either new viewers will latch on or old viewers will comeback they always do.

• Members

You know what I find interesting is B&B. They get no support or kudos from the soap press, their headwriter and producer not touted as some savior of the world, non existant online support unlike the darling of the soap press and online community , they have had no huge returns like another pimped show has, none it its stars really heavily endorsed or supported the way some on the other shows are yet its ratings have been consistantly going up for a while now even during Y&R's crash the past several months. Does this tell anyone anything?

Archived