Four OLTL actors heading to GH

• Members

MICHAEL:

OLTL fans received some exciting news the other day, in the midst of the sadness of this week when it was confirmed that you and GH exec producer, Frank Valentini are bringing over, Kassie DePaiva, Kristen Alderson, Roger Howarth and Michael Easton from One Life and transplanting them to GH. Obviously, first and foremost, this is an effort to bring fans of OLTL over to GH to help increase the ratings of the ailing soap. How come this group from Llanview; the Mannings and John McBain, were chosen and given a one-way ticket from Llanview, PA to Port Charles, NY?

RON:

It is definitely something I thought about right away. I think that anything we can do to help GH and bring up the ratings and bring any more eyeballs on to the screen from OLTL, is absolutely the reason we should do it. I think creatively it makes sense. It will give OLTL fans an opportunity to get a glimpse of what happened after the finale. And what I want to say to the General Hospital fans is, “This is meant to help enhance the show not take anything away from GH. It is a wonderful show and I would not be going there to write it, if I didn’t think so.” It is a story and it is about weaving some of these people into Port Charles. First and foremost, it is about the people of Port Charles, and I will talk more about that when the time comes. I just want to say to everybody that may have concerns, that it’s all going to be good.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/one-life-to-live/the-ron-carlivati-interview-one-life-to-live-farewell/2012/01/13/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ He's just got to remember to walk softly with this one because many fans don't see this as anything more than an invasion of his pets.

On the upside, at least it's newbies that come with history so some of their interactions will be easier to understand for people who have watched OLTL. But if any viewers don't have an experience of OLTL this is going to be potentially rough.

• Members

At least the Mannings have a LONG history on daytime and ME has an ABC history with Port Charles already.... This makes some sense to me and should be accepted more than if 'the pets' like JPL and FF, for examples, were brought over. Actors that were only on in the latter years.

I'd still love for Melissa Archer to go too. sad.png I understand though.

• Members

LOL, hadn't even thought of their physical resemblance. But I do agree that they need someone else in that demographic who's not a sibling/cousin for Michael.

Well insiders (arguably questionable) are suggesting that Ned and Dillon are under consideration, so we'll see. I'll warm up considerably if Starr brings Tracy's boys home.

• Members

According to everybody's favorite, Nelson Branco, Trevor is headed to GH!!!!!! That's it, I will be watching GH... Why the F-CK didn't ABC just cancel GH at this rate!?? Crazy. I kind of feel bad for GH fans- this will be a fine line to walk for Frank and Ron. This should be an interesting 9 months. (Because there is no way GH will live past 2012) Other than and episode here or there in 2009 I have not watched GH since 1993. I am a Genie Francis fan and hope she will return.

• Members

I think that it could be that they need Starr's help in hiding him (if that's what happens)--girlfriend did help her Dad bust out of jail, they could need her again.

Which, given that I love my Mannings and REALLY feel that Starr should be studying to be an awesome Adventure Biologist (as opposed to a pop singer--she's ALWAYS loved creepy animals and she could stay on to go to PCU and then the med school), I say BRING IT ON! smile.png

But of course, be careful given that they'll be new to GH smile.png .

• Members

Great post. I do think it's possible to merge these two shows successfully but I think it will be hard. You have a lot of GH viewers that are already resentful. And what do you do for the GH viewers that have no idea who these characters are? Are they going to waste a lot of airtime telling us about them? I'm not sure how it's going to work.

Archived