Dukes Of Hazzard Alum joins Y&R

• Members

It's obviously stunt casting when you look at it in context. You can't convince me all of these actors cast were the best actors for the role. Or what fits Y&R. It's the most obvious stunt casting on earth. That's MAB's thing, regardless of who the HW is. That and poaching AMC stars.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its the way they have hyped the castings. We've seen it done with William Russ, Eric Roberts, Don Swayze, Sean Young, Michael Learned, Darius McCrary etc. For soap stars Tristan Rogers, Maura West, Genie Francis, and Debbi Morgan have all gotten all their own special promos.

• Members

The whole point of a show being on the air = getting viewers. MY problem with stunt casting has to do with talent and fit - if they can't act (Joan Collins on GL has to be the most blatant example I can think of), then they shouldn't be cast. However, TS is wonderful as Jeffrey. ML did a great job filling in for an iconic role. My opinion of Angie/Tucker as Devon's parents is as valid as those who protest Dru/Malcolm being Lily's parent. I just don't see it, BUT that doesn't mean it can't work. in fact, I used to FF through all Devon scenes until this reveal. I actually like the story - and it's about time they gave Bryton a chance to shine - I also like the scenes with Katherine.

• Members

The problem is these stunt castings don't get viewers. They encourage people to watch for a limited time for some random person who used to be famous in 1982. It's just a shell game, so Y&R doesn't have to actually write or develop proper stories.

• Members

CK looks a different nationality. Your point sounds little, I'm not going to even say it. Bi Racial kids, which Devon is, I'm not talking about a fully black kid that CKLily suppose to be. Biracial kids come in all different shades with different features, Devon character fits the mode of that. CKLily suppose to be fully black but doesn't look it. That's why I always said, CK should have came on as s biracial child.

Archived