GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jennifer avoided seeing Alan for months and months and when he saw her in the courtroom and recognized her as Jane Marie Stafford he knew immediately what was up. Amanda was very pregnant at the time and collapsed upon hearing the news. The last few episodes deals with the aftermath and what happened to her baby with Ben.

• Members

I second that. I was a fetus at the time but I've already ordered this (along with the Bob and Kim DVD, at long last, after waiting all of these months to consolidate on shipping). I guess this was Marland's definitive "self-sacrificing mother takes the rap for a murder she didn't commit to protect her daughter" storyline? Along with the Lesley/Laura story on GH, of course, of which I'm sure two consecutives weeks' worth of episodes no longer exist. I know the Kim/Frannie/Douglas Cummings ATWT version kind of imploded by the time the case went to trial, but the GL story fueled future story for ages (up to and including one of Megan McTavish's first rewrites of "classic" stories, unfortunately). Did Amanda actually somehow kill Lucille, and Jennifer was covering for her, or was Jennifer just trying to keep the truth about her parentage secret?

In any case, it should be pure soapy heaven to watch...I can't wait.

• Members

Kind of random but in a really good way. Very excited to buy this release. I'm so behind in buying anything.

I recently bought the first set of the overseas release of B&B and was able to convert my laptop into region 2 so I can watch. I almost wish I had gotten GL instead.

Anyway ... back on topic ...

I agree with others who want this and the Bob/Kim set. Though I think I might get this one and the ATWT/James Stenbeck set.

Archived