GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Yes, it is region 2. I highly recommend the purchase of a region free player. They are not very expensive and well worth having, not only for European productions you might enjoy, but also for cases such as this where an American program is available only in a foreign format.

I have received my GL set, and as Goldensoaps commented, the episodes are wonderful in quality and content. I just scanned the set today, and it appears the episodes commence from mid-September 1979 and will include a death, a marriage, and an attempted murder. I am beyond thrilled with the release and can make available by private viewing for those who may want a glimpse to consider purchasing.

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm bored so I translated the dialogue from the trailer biggrin.png

Opening sequence

-

Die Springfield Story / The Guiding Light 1979

Wie alles begann / How It All Began

-

"Ich hatte 'ne Affäre mit einem anderen Mann." - "Was?"

"I had an affair with another man." - "What?"

-

"Roger, vergiss du lieber deine Tochter - und was dein Leben hier betrifft: Es ist vorbei! Rechne mit mir jedenfalls nicht, wenn du hier aufkreuzst. Und wenn du glaubst, du könntest mir drohen, vergisst du, mit wem du's zu tun hast!" - "Alan!"

"Roger, you better forget about your daughter – and concerning your life here, it's over! Don't count on me if you come around here. And if you thought you could threaten me you must have forgotten who you're dealing with!" - "Alan!"

-

"Du möchtest mein Vermögen auf deinen Namen laufen lassen?" - "Ja, Schatz. Es ist doch nur eine Formsache. Es ist die einzige vernünftige Lösung."

"You want to sign over my fortune onto your name?" - "Yes, darling, it's merely a matter of form. It is the only reasonable solution."

-

"Rita, das kommt vielleicht für Sie überraschend: Sie sind schwanger."

"Rita, that might come as a surprise to you: You're pregnant."

-

"Ich kann mich an Zeiten erinnern, da hast du auf so was viel aufgeschlossener reagiert." - "Ich hab' jetzt keine Zeit, mich auf so was einzulassen."

"I can remember times when you were a lot more approving of things like this." - "I don't have time to get involved in things like this right now."

-

"Mrs. Wexler, der Zustand Ihrer Tochter ist ernst, wir brauchen Ihre Hilfe." - "Oh mein Gott!" - "Dr. Fairwell, Dr. Hamilton, wir brauchen Sie dringend!"

"Mrs. Wexler, your daughter's condition is serious, we need your help." - "Oh my God!" - "Dr. Fairwell, Dr. Hamilton, we need you urgently!"

-

"Denkst du, es wäre Ed völlig gleichgültig, wenn er wüsste, dass du ein Kind von ihm erwartest?" - "Das würde nicht das Geringste ändern." - "Aber das wäre zumindest ein Grund, es noch einmal zu versuchen."

"Do you think Ed would be indifferent if he knew that you are expecting his child?" - "That wouldn't change a single thing." - "But at least it would be a reason to try it once again."

-

"Glaubst du, dass Holly etwas dagegen einzuwenden hätte, wenn ein Psychiater ihr ein paar Fragen stellen würde?"

"Do you think that Holly would oppose to a psychiatrist asking her a few questions?"

-

"Ich bin nur froh, dass es nicht mein Kind ist!" - "Da bin ich gar nicht so sicher!"

"I'm just glad that this isn't my child!" - "I'm not so sure about that!"

-

"Du glaubst also nicht, dass er in der Lage ist, jemanden zu lieben, nicht wahr?" - "Für einen längeren Zeitraum glaub' ich das nicht."

"So you don't think he's able to love anybody at all, do you?" - "Not for a longer period."

-

"Was meinen Sie damit, dass 'es gut sei mit dem, was du mir angetan hast'? Worauf bezieht sich das?" - "Ich meinte, dass er mich vergewaltigt hat."

"What do you mean when you say 'It's good what you did to me'? What does this refer to?" - "I meant that he raped me."

-

"Ich nehme Scotch, falls es recht ist."

"I'll take a scotch, if you approve."

Archived