GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto that!

I kept the last week's episodes on tape, but I'm sure I'll get the 10 episode DVD eventually.

The free episode up is from November 1996. I'd love to have that on DVD! But I'm probably the only one that'd be interested in 1996 episodes... :)

• Members

I got my replacement Phillip disk. What was completely strange, was that I never got an email telling me that they got my message about needing a replacement. That email must have been blocked in cyberspace, but I was thrilled when it came in the mail.

Anyway still wishing for a "first episodes" set as that could be a lot of fun. We got to see Reva's first day, so it would be nice to see some others like Harley or Vanessa for example as both had memorable first shows. Harley giving birth and Vanessa seducing Ross. AM with the parachute is another famous entrance. I know Nola was first introduced with Roger and that would fall into the time table of episodes that would be in the archive.

• Members

The real Amanda! The real Ed! Roger Thorpe! The quality looks good, too. I'd kill for them to release these episodes in North America. I have zero interest in buying episodes from the show's last few years, but gems from the 1970s would thrill me.

• Members

I bought the Philip DVD, mostly to see the 1977 episode. It was definitely worth watching. I never knew until recently that the Spauldings arrived so late into 1977 - for some reason I thought they had started in 1976. Weird seeing Cindy Pickett with dark hair, but even weirder seeing her date Mike. Clearly that didn't go anywhere. I wonder if the show had more plans for them which weren't developed. This means that Jackie and Elizabeth were both involved with Justin, Alan, and Mike. Imagine that conversation.

In theory, Jackie obsessing over this child she had never known, and Alan and Elizabeth being OK with this, is a little odd, but in the episode, Cindy Pickett played this so beautifully. It's pure soap, the good kind of soap.

Were they teasing an Alan/Sara relationship when he was at her office (too bad they didn't have a hilarious "moment" during an exam, like Chloe and Daniel on DAYS). He was flirting with her. It seems like at this time Sara was still a lead character, with her relationship with Justin taking up a lot of the episode, as well as a scene where Bert and Justin talked about Sara. How long before she became a supporting character?

I liked the surprisingly long scene where she and Justin tried to bake a pie. It felt a little like filler but was a nice moment. I'm sorry the show split them up. I remember the Guiding Plight scene where she talked about "those hot lips of his."

• Members

The 1977 episode was the only one from that compilation that really intrigued me, too.

Sara was a lead character, I would say, at least until Douglas Marland took over the reigns. He still used her and all the other vets effectively, but they were somewhat overshadowed by his focusing on younger characters like Kelly, Morgan, Nola, Tim, etc. When Pamela Long and Gail Kobe took over, many of the regular characters, including beloved vets, were reduced to nothing and written out.

• Members

Thanks. I was going mostly on some of the 1979 stuff which is available, as Sara is just a sex therapist for Rita. I know she was married to Dean Blackford, who turned out to be bad and was killed, but he also seemed like a supporting player.

Archived