GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I love that they included a photo of Sherry Stringfield.

I can't believe they are releasing pure 1979 material. That would be great to see. It's a shame that this probably isn't available in the US, although it's too expensive for me at the moment anyway (and is it dubbed in German?).

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the B&B boxed sets, distributed by the same company. The discs are in English, with an option for the German dub. Most would have to purchase the set as an import. Lucklly, I spend a good deal of time in Europe and can purchase the set there. Also, the dvds will be Region 2, requiring a multi-region player.

I emailed the company for more information about the number of episodes and to verify that they are consecutive and all from 1979. I will keep you updated. If this is so, we are blessed. This era of GL was its best.

Do not worry, Carl, you have a fairy godfather who will ensure your access to the material.

• Members

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!! I guess the episodes must be consecutive because Germany has made the same with B&B, and they have edited in 4 DVD packs the first 100 episodes.... And this 5 DVD pack says "How it all began" PART/SEASON 1...so I suspect that we can have another 5DVD set with part 2 and so on....

The only problem ( if we can call this a problem) is that Germany has its own opening and closing for GL..so they would be different ....

• Members

Today I received my Bauer family DVD four days after I ordered it, like a typical soap classics release, yet it's been over a month for my Lilden and Phillip DVDs. <_< I accidently ordered a second copy of the Phillip DVD, but I may as well keep it (if it arrived) since it's obvious they lost my original order. Will wait a little longer to see if they ever respond to my email before I decide whether or not to re-order the Lilden DVD.

I've been happy with the product, but in general terrible customer service. And they need tracking numbers so when a problem like this happen you can streamline the process so a paying customer like me recieves their order in a timely fashion. Geez.

• Members

Tracking orders for the mail, like Amazon and other sights so you can see the status of your package. The website doesn't even have a clear section where you can make an account, login and check on your past orders either.

And I was charged for both my Phillip and Lilden DVDs, got an email saying they were accepted and also shipping email but neither one came. I've been waiting and waiting for a response to my email, but nothing. I've called the post office and they have nothing, same for my apt complex, but I've been receiving mail (including the Bauer DVD, Reva, etc.) fine at the same address.

• Members

They have a number, email, order numbers, etc. They responded once, but nothing after that. I'm not too bothered about it though because it's obvious I'll still order the DVDs, but perhaps I'll wait till they on Amazon since they have a more reliable service.

Archived