GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally started watching that Reva set and I thought it was pretty disappointing. I just feel like that particular character has way too much going on for five episodes. You couldn't do Erica Kane justice in five episodes and the same goes for Reva. I understand you'll probably have future volumes, but watching those episodes I felt it was all over the place. A 10 episode collection would've been a better starter for her.

I enjoyed the episode where Reva commits suicide the best. I find that a pretty shocking exit for such a major character. I would've liked some stuff of Reva in the 90s, a huge chunk that was missing and also something that would be more familiar for newer viewers. If you're gonna have her first episode, then death, you may as well have her return as well.

• Members

Most of her return wasn't that well done, IMO. I would like to see the big ball again, the one she was at with Alan. That was a month or two after she came back. I think the best part of the Goshen story was the location footage and Abby. The one where she gets her memory back while saving Alan was good.

• Members

I'd be willing to see stuff that wasn't great, just to get a more complete sense of Reva's story arc. Her return in the 90s was a big success, so I'm sure it wouldn't be hard plucking a handful of episodes together for a collection like this.

• Members

Her initial ghost arc and Amish stories really had mixed responses from the audience. It really only started going somewhere when Josh decided he wanted Reva back and they were hiding it from Annie and Reva/Buzz had ended. I wonder if the 90s episodes from 95-97 are part of what Roger mentioned as being in deep storage as I think some of them would have been appropriate like the rooftop kiss episode.

• Members

I'm upset that I haven't received my DVD yet. It hasn't been long, I just want it lol. I also got a confirmation that my Holden/Lily dvd was shipped on Monday. I know the main focus probably for months will be ATWT and GL, but I can't wait for that 20 episode set of Another World. I know so little about that show and I want that so bad lol. Of course no telling if they plan to give that show a release like that, but I hope so.

• Members

I Watched the 1977 Episode last Night. Loved it!!

I started watching GL in 1979, so this was a treat For me. Characters actually had

conversations without screaming & yelling in every scene, like it is today. Loved seeing Bert & Holly together

in a scene talking, also loved the scene with Justin & Sara making a Apple Pie. The Dobson's were great

headwriters.

There were 5 great episodes on this DVD release, I wish there would have been more Episodes, like 10

or 15. Hopefully there will be a volume 2 & 3 Dvd for Phillp Spaulding. Thanks Soaps Classics!!!

• Members

Got my Phillip DVD yesterday and DAMN Chris bernau is HELLA SEXY!

I dint know Justin was interested in Saram TOR also looks sexy, but Sara looks to old for Justin.

Yep Jackie went from that haircut in the DVD, to a real short haircut and it was bloner, didnt like the latter hairdo!

• Members

I had an issue during the 1991 Phillip and Beth wedding episode. One of the Mindy scenes had lagging issues, and I had to hit play/pause to get through it. Am I the only one?

ICAM about Bernau and O'Rourke being sexy. It was strange how all the men were in suits/ties... :)

Archived