GH: Discussion for the Month of December

• Members

I missed a few shows and I watch today and find out that Abby was randomly killed by a crane. Im not a Abby fan but really can this show get any more darker? lets recap 1. Robin is all of a sudden dying from Aids 2. Abby was just killed by a freaking crane and that leads to Sam telling Michael she was raped. 3.Lucky still has to deal with the fact that his dad caused the death of his son plus his wife died a few months ago 4. Jason's brain may be on the fritz again . In more lighthearted storylines Ethan gave an apple to a ghost! Hey at least with Guza we had like... karaoke sometimes.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is one of your best laugh.png

I also really, really wish she'd said that to him.

THE EVENT THAT WILL CHANGE PORT CHARLES FOREVER!!!

Abby and a random minority, and Monica Quartermaine, killed by falling cranes.

With special guest star Camille Grammer doing her own performance art!

• Members

They both have been weak, he especially. He is in such mourning that the moment he noticed Sam upset he forgot all about Abby. Kelly Monaco has an interesting way of conveying compassion to mourners: she plays Sam as indifferent and bordeline inconvenienced. The girl is dead 10 minutes and already Sam is "ok, can we get back to my problems now???" Her friend died and not a single tear could be shed, not even a voice inflection on Kelly Monaco's part. The subject turns to rape and suddenly it is "don't step on my lines kid, just stand back and watch me thesp!"

• Members

Noooo... more like "Brandon Barash wub.png ... oh, how he stokes the fires of my lust."

There's nothing "fascinating" about John Zacchara. He's Sonny Lite. A so-called Heart-of-Gold Mobster who is only a mobster because of his deranged (step)father. He and Sonny both have mothers who adored them and yet lived lives of abuse at the hands of their husbands and met with tragic endings. Because of that, they've been placed on pedestals -- yet somehow, Johnny and Sonny both happily take advantage of women. They both are people who kill for power and money -- yet they're "good" mobsters because they won't hurt children.

You see where I'm going here?

If we're gonna talk character, then let's talk character. Both Sonny and Johnny are the same character. Johnny is (or was, depending on GH's fate and the direction of Carlivati/Valentini) being groomed to be the next Sonny.

• Members

LOL, honestly no.

I disagree that he's being groomed to be the next Sonny - sure they have a lot of similarities but they are very different in that Johnny does not constantly sulk and dwell about his past 24/7 and blame it for who he is today. He also is not angry and snide all the time like Sonny. He's actually charming and has a sense of humor. And If he was supposed to be groomed to be the next Sonny, wouldn't it have happened a long time ago. He's been on the show since late 2007. He's a mobster like Sonny but IMO they are nowhere near alike as people. Johnny to me is fascinating partly because he doesn't let the mobster mentality consume him & be bitter about every single thing.

• Members

Poor Bernie got shot for the holidays.

I can't stand her lapping up his crumbs; when she said "the boys" I just turned the channel I'd had enough; I'll just be glad when Lucky leaves at this point; the storyline blows and its been done over and over with the same outcome. I still can't understand why she wants him but whatever. They refuse to allow her character to grow its the same ole' same old and this storyline has been long (years) & its old. I don't understand Matt isn't he with Maxi....but I guess he was needed to say how their love is a "twisted form" that's what they have been hammering home nonstop.

Archived