• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best Actress: Erika Slezak; Runner Up: Robin Strasser

Best Actor: David Canary; Runner Up: Stuart Damon

Worst Actress: Farah Fath; Runner Up: Alicia Minshew

Worst Actor: John Paul Lavosier; Runner Up: Maurice Bernard

I am cutting Andrew Trischitta some slack because he is new and really really good looking. :P

• Members

Don't forget Steve Wilder, a.k.a. Jack Deveraux No. 5 (1997-1998). He was pretty wretched.

Best Actress: Susan Flannery (Stephanie, B&B ) and Kim Zimmer (ex-Reva, GL)

Best Actor: Jerry ver Dorn (ex-Ross, GL; now-Clint, OLTL)

Worst Actress: Charity Rahmer (ex-Belle, DAYS)

There simply is no comparison. Rahmer will go down in history as the absolute worst. And we have YouTube to forever remind us of her immense lack of talent.

• Members

Best actor - Michael Levin - he completely inhabited Jack Fenelli to me

Best actress - I'll go with the Erika Slezak contingent

Worst actor - Michael Hawkins (aka Plank Frank on RH, aka cue-card reader); I was also thinking Frank D (from GL) but I cut him a break because in 2 decades on the show I don't think he was given much chance to play anything other than himself.

Worst actress - hmmm...tough one...Hilary Edson always struck me as dull in the 3 shows I saw her in (GH, AW, GL)...or Holly Gagnier (I couldn't tell if OLTL's Cassie was supposed to have turned into a skank at that point with the writing or if HG's portrayal made me think of her that way and the character never totally recovered to me).

There are certain actors I didn't mention whom I can't stand to see onscreen, I don't enjoy them at all (whether it's because of excessive screen time, monopolization of their shows, dislike of their characters) but I left them off moreso because I'm trying to judge based on ability even if I find them literal soap opera turnoffs.

• Members

Best actor - Douglass Watson

Best actress - Beverlee McKinsey, Maeve Kinkead, Nancy Addison

Worst actor - Vince Poletto, Andrew Ridings, Michael Hawkins, the godawful Pat #3 whatever his name was, whoever played Grady on GL

Worst actress - Kelli Maroney, Kathleen Tolan.

Anyone who thinks Charity is bad should try to find Kathleen Tolan on Youtube. Charity was at least entertainingly bad. Kathleen made you want to hit the screen, she actively killed scenes, and this was well-written stuff with very fine actors. She also had the diction of a 90 year old grandfather from the Bronx.

• Members

Just one each?

Best Actor--Michael Zaslow

Best Actress--Beverly McKinsey

Worst Actor--Jason Cook, with Daniel Goddard and Marty West as runners-up.

Worst Actress--I could go the easy route and just Charity Rahmer, but I think of actresses who tortured for years, you know like Tammin Sursok, Christel Khalil, Mandy Bruno. Heck even Days has had more recent disasters like Natalia Livingston and Tamara Braun stinking up airtime far longer than Charity did.

My worst actress pick then goes to Spencer Grammer on ATWT. Boy did she fall far from the tree.

• Members

Cook is not a good actor but I don't think he actively drags scenes down. Look at his work in the episodes where his brother (on DAYS) died - he's not great but he's OK. JPL kills every single scene he is involved in. I still remember how they built up Mitch being his father for over a year, and he ruined it by making wacky smirk faces when he got the news. The only reason I didn't put him on my list is because others were worse.

• Members

Best Actress: Susan Flannery/Erika Slezak

Best Actor: Phil Carey

Worst Actress: Brenda Dickson (she may have been good at one time, but some of the clips I've seen are over the top acting)

Worst Actor: Michael Easton (same expression in every scene almost)/Drake Hogestyn (looking like you smelled a bad odor isn't acting)

• Members

Oh this needs to be by show - I still with ATWT.

Best Actor: Larry Bryggman with a Kudos to Trent Dawson who somehow turned a bit part into a decade

Best Actress: Liz Hubbard with Maura West second (and if she had been on it for 25 years may have take the title)

Worst Actor: John Howard as Paul Ryan

Worst Actress (lots to choose from): Spenser Grammer and Marisa Tomei

Archived