Which 20 episodes do you want on Guiding Light release?

Soapsuds

• Members

Good Choices all!

Love real Reva but tired of the Reva fountain scene...however, that isnt even the highlight of an episode with a lot going on....the whole episode had almost all the characters on it, attending Vanessa and Billy's bash (Reva and H.B. throw a party but Billy wants to outdo them so he tricks Van into having a party. H.B and Reva watch the cars go by down the street to Billy's and Reva, in a touching scene is heartbroken. So they do what any floozy and an old coot would do, they go crash the party.) Everyone is in 80's glam wear, Rick throws Mindy into the fountain, and the end H.B. takes a humilated Reva home, she takes a shower, and realizes she loves H.B. (in a different way then Josh) and you see her go into his bedroom and say, "Hold me old man!" end of episode. Never do something like that today but in college we were chearing on H.B and Reva (THE couple, Josh just had a firmer body, he want near as fun as the old coot was!)

Classic episodes:: (silver age)

The Bauers find out Bill is alive

The funhouse chase

Roger hiding out in the Boardinghouse and he meets Nola,

Roger and Holly and the cliff, his death

Nola getting confronted by whats his name for all of her lies (the first episode after the writers strike, where the exec producer wanted Nola to marry him but Marland didnt, and he got back just in time.)

Nola and Helena have a catfight in (england, scotland.???) played for laughs as they run around the room and Nola uses a silver serving tray to deflect the things Helena is throwing)

The trial when Alan finds out Amanda is his

Nola and Quints wedding

Phillip finding out who his dad is

The Prom

The 4 Ms in New York

Alexandra introduction, the masqued ball

Alex vents her rage on Alan, blackmails him into disappearing

Beth and Phillips aborted wedding (Mindy's preggers)

Darcy holds Alex.Beth hostage, terrorizes the hospital

Bert's amputation, Welcome Home party, where she finally breaks down and cries

(golden age)

Harley intro, AM and Dinah delivering her baby

Alan's return at the second Masq ball (hokey but I love Alex not knowing its him and giving him a big intro, he takes his mask off and every looks on in horror as an unaware Alex continues)

Sonni/Solita reveal at the trial (uh, Annie who.???)

Roger return at wedding

Phillip and Beth reunited in the snow the sanitarium

Alex revenge on Roger...country club

The Towers bombing

Bridget stops the wedding.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the main reason I'd really dial back on Reva episodes is that I think they could do a whole separate set of Reva-Reva-Reva and it'd sell. LaZimmer would eat up the opportunity to go out there and hawk herself.

• Members

They should re-release the Reva: The Scarlet Years tape onto DVD, and they could do the same with the Roger: The Scoundrel Years, although, given the disgusting way they treated Zas, I would hope they'd donate a lot of the profit (what profit there is) to an ALS charity.

• Members

I prefer the omnibus style because it gives variety. Not everyone is crazy about every performer, and other than wanting to support more releases, I wouldn't be overjoyed over a KZ set due to the fact I dislike so many Reva plots. Then again if they would have KZ doing an alternate audio track complaining over things, I would be interested.

If I got to create disks around a theme...one of them I would propose is this...

Disk 1 (late 70s-April 1, 1980ish) Holly being raped, the trial (an episode or two), Holly shooting Roger (if available), Roger kidnapping Rita and Roger's death via Cliff.

Disk 2 (1988-1991) Holly and Ed reuniting after it is revealed that Blake is Christina, Roger's return with the scream, Acapulco, Alex going off on Roger at the Country Club... (one of the four things listed could be over two shows)

Disk 3 (1991-1992) Roger/Ross rescuing Holly from Daniel and Holly finding out Roger's part in that mess (two episodes), Holly finding out about Blake and Ross, Holly's birthday, Roger and Ed find Holly nearly passed out

Disk 4 (1993-1994) Cliff House, Ed's Hero Party, Holly takes care of bloody Roger (as Bloss get engaged) and then an episode where things are at peace with these characters. It happened in 1994 where Holly and Roger are together and happy.

• Members

LOL I would pay to hear Zimmer bitching about the storylines as we watched the scenes. Hell, I would pay money for a disc of Zimmer, Dusay, Kinkaid, Garrett, Ehlers (she seems humourless but maybe I am wrong) Hutchinson, Dolan, etc, sitting around a table having drinks and talking about the years they were on the show.

• Members

I'd like to see that Sonni/Solita stuff.

Never having been a huge GL fan, here's some of what I'd like to see:

Any of the Julie/Hart/Bridget triangle when Leonard Stabb played Hart. LOVED him.

Tangie Hill, preferably Tangie/Det.Cutter stuff

The climax of Brent/Marian

Holly's rape

Something with Harley Jane Kozak's Annabelle

Maureen's death.....but first, Maureen confronting Ed about the affair

I liked Philip/Harley so something with them together.

Alex lets Roger have it at the country club

Beverlee McKinsey's final episode

Some episodes from the glory years without Reva- Nancy Curlee's stuff

Roger and the Hall of Mirrors

Some Wendy Moniz stuff, preferably when Dinah/Hart were still going strong

Reva's car goes off the bridge

Any of the rich Holly/Blake stuff

Something toward the climax of Hilary Edson's Eve storyline

Reva causes Annie's 'miscarriage'

Stuff when Annie was sane and with Josh

And finally, anything with Kimberlee Simms' Mindy

• Members

I was just giving an example of a potential themed disk set for Guiding Light, that wasn't based around Reva/KZ. I could create other imaginary sets given enough time, for greatest hits with particular performers.

I have no problem with the idea of a Zimmer based set, but I'd prefer ones featuring other people as I started with GL during the time frame Reva was "dead". There were a lot of fans who loved that part of the canvas that ran screaming out the door years before GL went off the air. The Roger tape sold out after its initial release, while you could still get the Reva tape 3-4 years later. So there is/was a market for this material, trying to find these people may be slightly more difficult, but it would appeal to those who like not just Roger, but also the Bauers, Alex and/or Ross.

Archived