Classic AMC/OLTL

• Members

^ It was "WTF" but at the same time, they all drove him to do something crazy. If Krystal, JR and Babe would have respected his wishes and stayed away from the mansion for a while so he could calm down, this might never have happened. But no, Krystal insisted on going home, and JR literally burst into the house. Because Krystal wouldn't leave, Tad wouldn't go either, and it all spiraled out of control, ending with Adam being committed against his will for no good reason. At that point he was NOT a threat to anyone.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea. Stuart was slightly involved. He was bitchin' out Adam the other night.

Also, what I came in here to post about OLTL. Having Miles lose it to a prostitute was probably Higley's worst idea. Though, I admit. As a straight red blooded American female. I really didn't mind seeing David Chisum shirtless all that much. biggrin.png

• Members

I wonder why they stopped showing classic OLTL instead of GH which is still on the air. I mean, I don't really "wonder", but...

Susan Lucci is so darned good at playing talk show host Erica, she is so charming and oddly naturalistic in this particular mode. Her little giggles melt me. I think I had just graduated college around this era and wasn't watching regularly. I definitely watched the first episode of New Beginnings but I didn't see any of this early stuff with Sabine. When I did start watching again, I was always confusing Annie for the new Greenlee.

• Members

That does suck!

I try not to stay up that late anymore. But, meh. I find myself doing it anyways when my Ambien doesn't knock me out. My mom had to DVR it last night though. She was super pissed that GH had been switched to 3. Especially since OLTL skipped the episode where Henry Mackler rammed himself into a tree. Mom wanted to see that.

• Members

LOL, I don't even remember who Henry is!

I'm so tickled watching this New Beginnings episode because Walt as Jackson is so Walt, and Susan as Erica is so Susan on this recycled The View set. They're really behaving like their real-life selves. They're talking about their marriage showing old stills like they're casual photos, and Susan seemed to ad-lib a line to the cooing extras in the audience, pointing, "You were there. wink.png " Then there's her producer holding up this big ass sign that reads, "DIVORCE" for them to get back on topic. laugh.png

• Members

I loved the New Divorce! I think Jack and Erica were at their best when they could be funny and lighthearted. The main complaint I have about it - aside from Greenlee screwing up their reunion by kidnapping Spike - is that it was actually symptomatic of Jack and Erica's main problem: they didn't communicate well, and they never have.

• Members

It was Spring Awakening/Glee's Jonathan Groff. I think he was meant to have a school shooting story but they did a last minute rewrite because (sadly) there was some real school shooting around the same time.

I dmit I enjoyed that stuff too. And her producer of course was Patina Miller before she made her break starring in Sister Act in London and Broadway...

• Members

Ohhh, now I remember Henry, I recall that whole controversy. And I had no idea that was the lady from Sister Act. I saw her perform on The View when they did a story about Whoopi producing.

Archived