Classic AMC/OLTL

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the Lily and Jonathan story was offensive and a major turnoff. I was really disgusted by it. I tolerate alot of stuff on soaps but some things I feel they just shouldnt do and that was one of them

I loved her at least at first before she became completely useless

• Members

I'm almost 100% positive Rambin was tired of playing autistic Lily and wanted to play another character. I don't know why, Rambin's best moments were the ones where she was Lily.

Didn't they try to do that and it didn't work because Jonathan wanted sexy times with Ava and Amanda?

• Members

My understanding was that Ava was a much more accurate representation of what Levin was really like. Apparently she was quite the wild child. unsure.png

The whole soap look alike thing has always bugged me. Yeah, "they" say that everyone has a twin out there somewhere, but the odds that half siblings would look THAT much alike are so incredibly slim.

• Members

New Greens came in under B/E right?

I was at odds with the Jonathan/Lily story. I guess I liked them connecting but the age different and romance angle did cause some issues. I liked Lily with Sam but they fired him for no real reason (Bobby Steggert is probably glad as he's since become arguably one of the top names in his age group on Broadway).

It used to bug me, but now it's one of those things I kinda accept and even love about soaps. Within reason. In that youtube pieces with Francesca James she says when Agnes brought her back as Kelly, who I believe was Kitty's half sister (or was she a full twin?) she thinks that's the first time soaps did that. Was it?

• Members

Back in the early 60's Love of Life had a character named Maggie Porter played by Joan Copeland.Maggie was dying and tried to match up Van (estranged from Bruce) with her husband Linc.However,after Maggies death,Linc married Tammy Forest.Then Joan Copeland returned as Maggie's twin sister Kay and she tried to breakl up Linc and Tammy.

i think this was the first time an actor played a twin.

• Members

This is the first night I've watched one of these classic episodes on SN. It's kind of surreal wacko.png ... There were like two faces I didn't even recognize in the opening credits. Why was Jenny named after Colby?

NM, I guess she and Krystal had gotten that close.

J.R.'s hair looks like a black woman's wig.

• Members

This was the year JY let his hair grow out, it just gets more and more awful e8099.gif

I'm six episodes behind. I actually kinda liked the Ava stuff in the beginning - i just hated that she had to be introduced as a hooker. I remember loving her & Lily's interactions and HATING that they paired her with Jonathan. What a joke!

Lily was such a simple bitch and I loved it, LMAO. A few episodes back she said to Erica (about Barbara): "Shawn's mom interfered with our family. And she ruined our family schedule. And she rearranged the kitchen counters without asking. I really don't like her." laugh.png

McTavish was fired by this point and I think in the current April episodes that are airing she was out of the building and the breakdown writers were going rampant rewriting the show. Her name is officially gone by May 1st according to Toups' records. Then all through the Summer the other writers wrote the show until B&E in late July. I'm not sure if it was McTavish's idea before she was fired to bring Greenlee back (anyone know?) or if the other writers made the decision. I remember actually being excited about all the hints of Greenlee's return. She returns in the April 20 episode (tonight were at April 19 & 20 i think).

• Members

Oh, so have they been showing episodes chronologically with no breaks? For some reason I thought they were skipping all around.

It's so weird watching Annie at this point in the game, she has SUCH a way to go. I was just wondering about Greenlee when Babe was telling Ryan how much she likes Annie and how cute they are together. Babe looks great in that red dress, btw. Looking at BE in that hospital bed, I tink she got freshened up around the eyes at some point down the line.

To think there are two more Colbys to come after this one, and Jesse and Angie aren't even a blip on the radar.

Who is the blonde in the credits after Del? Erin? I'm confused because I thought Erin was the redhead in the courtroom but then of course she was dead at this point. unsure.png

• Members

The blonde after Del is Sydney. IDK why AMC even had her on contract, she was NEVER on laugh.png Were in April and if I'm remembering correctly she hasn't been on since before the new year started. Last I saw of her, Colby was framing her for stealing stuff around the Chandler house. Then she vanished.

And yep the episodes are airing in chronological order.

I'm not 100% what redhead your talking about but I think it may be Hannah.

And I agree it is weird watching Annie. I was thinking about it the other day, I'm astonished how much she changes in the future...LOL.

Archived