AMC: Tuesday, September 20, 2011

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me preface this by reiterating how much I love DC but his acting style looks ridiculous on anybody else. However it's perfect for Adam. Adam is, like Palmer was, a character from a different time. He, Erica, Opal and Tad are the last of a group of characters like Phoebe, Myrtle, Langley, etc... They're singular and unique.

• Members

I feel like this is JR. We know that he is wounded in side but he can never be happy because of his own actions. I feel JR most of the time was a lost cause outside of the brief moments of happiness he had with his love interests (usually Babe).

Babe. Good lord. Babe. JR and Babe were a very popular relationship, they are actually his flag ship pairing and his most popular ship he ever had.

Exactly and oddly enough it was the same for her despite everything they put each other through. I never thought we would agree on something. lol.

I agree. PP wanted a cliff hanger and Agnes and Lorraine pissed all over JR's happy ending via Babe to make him shoot everyone apparently. That's definitely the way it seems.

It's obvious that the one of the two people was supposed to be Babe. Even today David never says that she is out right dead which just pushes JR futher into madness because David isn't giving him direct answers.

Where is Erica in that list?

I agree completely. That is not to insult Jacob he gives it his all. I just wished he toned it down a bit during his villainy.

• Members

they were unfortunately in 2006 around the time they had that double wedding with Krystal. They most definetly were in 2008 when Amanda Baker was in the role. That was the only time I actually enjoyed them as did seem to grow up and were over all that drama with cheating and trying to hurt each other. Babe and JR in 2008 was the most healthy and beleivable the two ever were

• Members

Given JR's character history, I think its not that much of a leap for him to totally go off the deep end, as far as his children are concerned. He's all the bad things Adam was, add his constant addiction problems to the mix and its a recipe for an explosion. I agree that its maybe not neccesary, but it totally falls within the realm of the character as he has been written since Jacob Young assumed the role anyway.

• Members

Whether or not this is all in keeping w/ JR's character, you have to admit it breaks the heart to see "Junior," that little boy who was a legacy of one of AMC's biggest and best-ever storylines, coming apart like he is. It's like when GL's Ben Reade, whose conception was a BIG story BITD, suddenly became a serial killer who wound up taking his own life.

• Members

Today was weak and incredibly disappointing and I think that is due in large part to re-writes.

Based on the unusual double Chip Hayes/Kate Hall episode credit today it looks like Kate Hall's original script got heavily re-written by Hayes. I mean parts of episodes are re-written all the time and they never credit the re-writer(s), so this must have involved extensive altering.

A true shame, especially if there are no more "Kane Women" moments or Jack/Erica moments in the finale. Because today did not do the entire arc of either one justice. It was just repetitive yammering about Erica's book (or movie script? I wasn't even paying attention), cringe-worthy moments of breaking the fourth wall that reminded me of that awful episode in the aftermath of Spike's accident/Ian's birth, and a lazy attempt at a montage.

• Members

Oh I agree, like I said... I don't really think it was necessary to take him down this path, or at least as far as they have. I think instead of "Babe" saving him (even though I doubt now her ghostly premonition will), I think Adam should have been brought back alot sooner than this final week to try and save him. It would have been kind of a great book-end for Adam to sort of finally take some responsibility in the degenerate JR has slowly, and now quite rapidly become. I mean wouldn't that be refreshing as opposed to hearing EVERYONE else blame Adam? I also think Dixie too should have been used more effectively to try and negate this mess.

I found the entire episode very disjointed and very disappointing as well. The "interview" segments were very awkward.

Archived