AMC: Tuesday, September 20, 2011

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although the "interview" portions of the show were stupid, I was highly pleased with the rest of the episode. I'm not at all upset that the Kanes are not getting as happy an ending as the Hubbards, because the former family is so much more dysfunctional than the latter.

• Members

Damn I wish Kendall could've been the one who found JR with AJ and not Erica. The scenes could've been just as effective. One last JR/Kendall scene would've been great... :(

I loved Zach toasting to all of the families in the room - LOL poor Jackson being the only one the camera cut to when Zach mentioned the "Montgomeries". Pretty sure Leven Rambin was supposed to be in those scenes as Lily. I'm so bummed she couldn't make it to taping after all. Reggie not being there is an even bigger bummer. I would've loved to see the camera cut to Jackson, Lily, and Reggie in that moment...

The fourth wall moments were kinda strange but I liked them. Oddly enough, my fave one was Ryan and Greenlee's - that one made me LOL. The Kane women ones were a bit disappointing because they had no flashbacks to support them. It would've been better if they had flashbacks, and also if Erica was actually with Kendall and Bianca recounting those moments to them, not the audience. But still, I thought it was nice.

That montage was good but I hated the song

• Members

I thought the EXACT same thing. "Oh here's Jackson and invisible Lily" :lol:

Agreed. They were cute and charming and I think that's the first time I've ever put those words to them.

What's even more irritating about the flashbacks is that Eden was in one of the Erica/Jackson wedding ones from a distance so why not just say f**k it and use her in more?

• Members

I think you and I are the only ones who still care. ITA, it is annoying that there's been no explanation for how Dixie wound up in the same place as Erica, which apparently is separate from where the rest of David's patients are.

ICAM. Flashbacks could've added so much to the confessions. As it played out, it was okay, but it had the potential to be fantastic, imo.

Woohoo! May we never hear the name Cambias again!tongue.png

I wish we'd seen more Mona and Myrtle, but the Kane women did have a nice moment at the end. Their montage just didn't have the same impact on me as the Hubbards' did.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

Do we know if was Kate Hall's original script and not the other way around? I can't think of any reason why Agnes and Lorraine would want Chip Hayes to doctor her script.

Me, too!

• Members

They were together for most of JY's tenure as JR. 2003-2004, 2005-2007, 2008. They were together on and off for like 5 years.

I don't know. I go back and forth on it. On one hand I can totally see why JR would want to go all Columbine on all the people in PV. However at the same time I don't believe JR was ever a serial killer. He was always a character who was either just careless or was so wrapped up in his own anger, hatred and pain that he struck out and tried to kill/harm/injure the person closest to him. That to me doesn't say serial killer. Serial killers are usually people who just want to kill people they don't kill people that mean things to them usually. I can imagine JR killing someone in a passionate moment. Totally buy that. But to purposely try and kill everyone? I don't think he would do that. The people whom he has a grudge against like Krystal, Marissa, Bianca, totally.

But for JR to willingly want to kill his mother, his father figure, his biological dad, his family? Something in that breaks my heart. Which is odd because well he has almost killed Jaime plenty of times before and he premeditated murder in regards to Babe, along with putting a hit out on her. I don't even know. Maybe I just don't want it to end this way. It just seems so purposely cruel to him. Especially when everyone else gets a nice happy ending.

Where the heck is Dixie? By the way?

• Members

Skin I think one of the reasons peolpe have such a hard time buying early Babe and JR was the complete dysfunction on both ends and myself, while I think JR was obsessed with her and in love with her, I never saw the same from her until the NuBabe came on. I thought Amanda Baker actually did a decent job and I think overall that relationship was a lot more mature and they both seemed to have learned from their mistakes which I guess should have been expected. I never bought Babe in love with JR the way he was with her during AH's tenure and always felt it was more Jamie. With Babe2 I totally bought equal love from both ends. I think thats probably why so many people have a hard time seeing JR and Babe as some great couple. Heck if you pick up the People mag, they aren't featured as one of the couples of the 2000's, it was Rylee, Jamanda, and Zendall so clearly the opinions here are not unusual.

• Members

The only reason that JR is still around is because he's Adam's son. I haven't seen a redeeming quality in the character in years. Most characters would have been long gone by now, if they didn't have that Adam Chandler link. I don't like that it's a legacy character who's apt to go postal, but that doesn't mean I don't think it's OOC or something that the show can't recover from.

Archived