AMC: Tuesday, September 20, 2011

• Members

JaneA, Babe/JR are featured as one of the couples of the 2000s.

And may I saw People went up ABC/Disney/Frons behind for the 2000s picks. I understand Zach/Kendall, and I understand Babe/JR to a point - classic love/hate/attraction. I don't get Jake/Amanda and Ryan/Greenlee over Leo/Greenlee and Ryan/Gillian.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bam, Jabe and Zendell were the only popular couples created by the show from the 2000's onward. Even though I greatly disliked the JR character and the nature of their relationship for the better part of their four years together (2003-2007) I can't deny the fact that they were immensely popular and greatly important to one another. They are the flagship pairings for both characters. They are without a doubt the loves of one another's lives and nothing can change that. That is what the show wrote.

• Members

Skin, Tad and Dixie were created in the 80s and they got the 90s mention. It should have been w/o question Ryan and Gillian & Leo and Greenlee as the other two couples not Ryan and Greenlee and Jake and Amanda.

Rylee are only a supercouple or majopr couple in Brian Frons head and he obviously got that through to People. I don't even hate Ryan and Greenlee like other but that just discredits the lists a bit.

• Members

I agree most definitely that Greelee/Leo and Ryan/Gillian should have been mentioned before Rylee and Jamanda my point was just saying how there has been a lack of popular soap couples on AMC for most of the 2000's. There have only been three who were monumentally popular they probably felt they had to pad the issue a bit more if they were going to have an entire issue devoted to that time period hence the Jamanda mention. I agree that Rylee is an anomaly. Ideally I would have done it like this:

Late 90's: Leo/Greenlee, Gillian/Ryan

2000's: Bam, Jabe, Zendell

• Members

I can understand Ryan and Gillian missing the 1990s due to competition, but not Leo and Greenlee for the 2000s. Josh debuted in November of 1999 (only 2 months left of the year) and saying most of Leo and Greenlee took place in the 2000s is putting it mildly.

The list should have been Leo/Greenlee, Zach/Kendall, JR/Babe and yeah I can go with Bianca/Maggie or even Jake/Amanda (although, nah).

• Members

I watched Tuesday's and today's today--and have to say I'm a LITTLE bit surprised at all the negativity. It wasn't half as good as the Hubbards' episode, and I do think it seemed silly to do interviews instead of flashbacks (as mentioned, I think at this point we can handle flashbacks of older actors)--although they didn't bother me too much.

I'm one of the few who thinks this over the top JR thing has been leading up to this moment for ages, and I don't see it as something silly like destroying a legacy character at all--but I did find him getting dedated and then hoping out to the cop shop and home, etc, no problem a bit silly to say the least. The end montage definitely needed more Mona and less recent clips of Slavery, etc. But I actually found the reaction to Erica's book cute (and long overdue), and didn't even mind Zack.

Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic during the final week.

• Members

I would hate that even more than Project Orpheus--much more. I think it actually is better to end a soap opera with things open--and some things wrapped up. Having all those super couples return fro the dead and immediately go off into the sunet would make me much more mad.

Why not. Especially when it's largely in character. If certain characters were all untouchable it would be a pretty boring soap--and we all know how boring AMC has been during much of the past while. I agree it has to be done with thought--which is rare nowadays, but...

Archived