AMC: Wednesday - September 14, 2011

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, everybody was still discussing David today except Caleb, Asher, Colby and Maya. I do agree that typically adding Ryan and Zach to the PO/David story has glorified the plot-driven elements to the load of crappola story. The story is more tolerable when it's playing to character driven elements or against plot-driven elements which it did for the most part today between people calling David out on his poor me song and dance and Angie needing something good to come out of everything bad that has happened.

ETA: Liza didn't know about Lucy but she did find an emotional Jesse by Ellie's grave following the burial. She can also relate to Jesse on the baby Stuart/baby Lucy level.

• Members

Was Tad and Dixie always this silly?

I honestly don't even care (or understand) what David did or didn't do, his pity party/general smugness just makes wanna punch him in the face.

I hate that hobag Babe but it strikes me odd that no one mentions onscreen that maybe David should reveal Babes whereabouts because she has a son. They mention Krystal & JR but not AJ?

• Members

Here you go...

"As far as David and how he's perceived and how I perceive him, yeah, obviously that's one of the big things that sticks in David's craw the most. No matter what he does, he's basically saved so many people in this town. He's revived everyone, revived their children. He's done miracles time and time again and people look down at him and think he's the scum of the earth. I don’t think he's that at all. In some ways he's misunderstood. I don't think he's his best advocate, frankly. He causes more trouble for himself than he should be doing. I've always felt that David has a mission in Pine Valley since he's been there. He just wants to be there to hold a mirror up to the not so good people of Pine Valley. So they can see themselves that they're not much different from him. That's exactly what's going on right now on camera with Jesse [Darnell Williams]. You know, if I did that. If I took a baby and buried a baby, they'd be all over me. I'd literally be considered one of the greatest pariahs in town, which I already am, but they would hate me. They would hate me for that, but he does that it's like, 'Oh, it's okay. You guys will be fine. You will get past this.' I even said that to Angie [Debbi Morgan] the other day on camera. It's a funny thing where those people are concerned, with Jesse, with Tad [Michael E. Knight] and with Jake [Ricky Paull Goldin] and others in the town. They will be there to support each other no matter what happens, but when I do something it's like the greatest sin on earth. I don’t see him as bad as everyone else does and I think he has a lot to offer. I think certainly David is damaged. He's damaged to the core…but little by little glimpses of hope come through with David and he could very well be a regular guy some day. Who knows? You never know."

Source

• Members

I'm confused: Were Liza and Caleb's scenes today about her agreeing to work for him at Cortlandt (after she turned him down months ago) or about them going out together?

If it's the latter they should have stuck with Krystal/Caleb. Those two made sense together, had a nice chemistry, and had at least been developed to some extent, none of which is true of Liza/Caleb.

• Members

It was definitely about going out romantically. I agree that Caleb and Krystal would be better but I think they were just going for the parallel between Asher/Colby and Caleb/Liza. It sucks that David/Liza didn't last but they've bastardized David too much to where I wouldn't want Liza with him.

Archived