AMC: Wednesday - September 14, 2011

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the show had time I do think her return could have created proper story for those she was connected to. But at this point I agree. There is no time for her return to have any impact. The only thing I think her return could effectively accomplish at this point is giving JR a sudden heel face turn into the being 'the good son' again. She is the one person who could bring JR out of his dark, destructive spiral and have it mean something to the audience. It happened before with the Satin Slayer story. She is probably the only real character from his past that could turn him around because she hold meaning to him.

I have a feeling Babe's return is going to feel just as empty as all the others have been because there is no time for it. But in theory we should be seeing ripples from all sides of the canvas Babe had an impact on Bianca, Krystal, JR, Kendell, Greenlee, Amanda, Tad, Colby, Jaime, Marissa, AJ, David, the list goes on and on. She did mean something to these people at some point. She is a character who's return could have been something. Four days isn't enough to really draw out the ramifications of it so we will probably see the same thing that was done with Dixie and Zach's returns. 'Oh she's back, how was Cabo this time of year?'

We don't know this at all. I actually think it makes tons of sense that now that JR isn't shackled to Chandler he can now do what he wanted to do with Babe in the first place, which was to leave Pine Valley forever and take his wife and his son to California just like they had planned on doing before the tornado struck.

Stuart was loved by everyone it's not that much of a stretch to infer that it's Stuart he has in his basement. It's what makes the most sense at this point. David Canary is coming back with Brooke. He could easily return as Stuart one last time.

David being #1 in airtime is not as egregious as the terrible foursome constantly being on day after day, month after month. Why? Because David has had what maybe two or so years near the top? While Slavery has been perched at the top since 2004 more or less. Hell even right now Alicia's Kendell is still #1 for the year at this point and will likely end up being the most featured actress on the show in it's finale month/year.

Didn't Krystal say something about AJ when she was talking to Dixie earlier this month? I feel like she did.

• Members

Well Krystal now and then is allowed to remember that Babe is AJ's mom and JR is of course vilified when he on those rare occasions reminds Marissa she isn't AJ's biological mother however it is odd that they have characters begging David to reveal something about Babe, using Krystal and JR as examples of who needs her back but her son isn't mentioned at all?

I swear AJ is gonna end up with Marissa and Bianca at the end and I'm gonna be pissed.

I keep thinking the 2 from the return characters are just one big red herring and in the end they will end up dead anyway or they were never alive to begin with. David will have some epiphany because of his new baby and pull the plug which sends JR over the edge...I don't know, I hate this storyline so much.

• Members

Thanks Marley for the spoiler. I knew I read it somewhere but I could not remember where.

I am kind of getting the sense that your right about the return from the dead ish. I realize at some point David told Zach he had 2 more people almost ready but honestly this story has been so inconsistant they might just pretend or forget that was ever said.

• Members

Add in Marian fresh from her stint at Oak Haven to teach Maya how to flirt with men and I'm there!

It felt to me like they were setting up potential future story for her and Caleb.

+1!

I know several people didn't see it, but I always thought he looked like he was into Cady this time around, too.

Not just the same classes, but all the same classes. It was overkill!

I loved this episode, too!

I can't wait to see what Liza says to Jesse tomorrow and if it brings their characters to some sort of detente (not friendship though because that would be going too far).

• Members

I see Trent Garrett still hasn't taken acting lessons. Still awful, hated how things ended with Colby and Asher - they were boring from the start and still are! I wish Finn Wittrock could've came back.

LOL at Caleb, all he basically did in the episode was sit at a table working and staring at people walk by. Useless as ever!! And him & Liza? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif That's all I got. Should've been Krystal.

I don't see why Maya didn't just stick with Jessie and Angie, where Lucy is most comfortable...instead she moved in with Colby and Liza for the time being? LOL. Just doesn't make sense to me. It was heartbreaking watching Angie say goodbye to Lucy!

I loved the Angie/David ending, looks like she might be the one to sway him into telling all...I love it

• Members

I thought it was (nearly entirely) a really strong episode. If AMC keeps what they started on Tuesday and continued today up for the final 7 episodes, it really is all I could ask for--and I'll be an emotional wreck.

Yes, we got a bit more PO stuff, but it was handled more about character--I appreciated that we had both Liza and and Angie pointing out that David isn't all bad, and he's done a lot of good--I didn't even mind Tad going on at him--I found his interactions with Dixie awkward slightly (as I think they should be) and sweet--OK I was a bit worried we'd get an over the top sex scene for them which just would feel wrong to me, but I liked how it was played--it seemed believable for middle aged people who had already been together, a lot, re-connecting.

The Liza/Caleb thing was fast--as everything is right now--but it did seem like this is where LB wanted to head, since at the beginning of her return they had them starting to interact, I guess it just got sideswept for PO stuff. I do think Caleb/Krystall would have made more sense, but they also seemed to want to give some possible future semi closure for Liza, and this ws a way to do it.

I can take or leave Asher, but I found him and COlby, for once, sweet and kinda realistic, though the taking every single course together thing is too much--so they're gonna become one of THOSE annoying couples I tried to avoid in University, are they?

Debbi BETTER be up for another Emmy after all this--I thought all of that stuff was well handled with some good dialogue (Brown/Esenten seem to work better at AMC as script writers).

• Members

They did mention AJ--DIxie did.

Tad and Dixie had silly moments, more the first time around--the last few times they've been largely filled with horrible to watch "dramatic" moments of cheating and lieing to each other, so this suits me fine for some closure and hope.

Meh it's not like they ran off to get married. And I thought the "sanctimonius we're better than David" stuff was handled well today. Dixie in her current state has every right to call him a jerk, if she hadn't it would have been poorly out of character.

• Members

That Caleb/Liza thing was out of fuckin' nowhere. I hate when shows do that just to pair up anyone at the last possible second. I do really like Luner in the role, though; at times she's channeled this visceral revulsion towards herself and her neuroses. I think they should've kept Finn Wittrock and played that out longer with her, Tad and Damon - he was incredible, and adorable recently as a gay flight attendant on Torchwood. Were it me, I'd relaunch AMC with her having finally chucked this lawyer [!@#$%^&*] and gone back to running WRCW with an electric cattle prod like the imperious bitch she is.

Also, I am sorry, and I get as sick of David and his nonsense as anyone, but the fact is that VI and Debbi Morgan have always had scorching chemistry. When Y&R gets bored with her, they have got to bring her back and do something there.

I actually liked the Tad/Dixie love scene. As MEK has said, as I have said many times, Tad is old and fat. It's not all vaseline, gauze, champagne wishes and caviar dreams. It was just sweet and realistic. They played it up.

Archived