DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

Tuesday's episode was legitimately great! The stuff at the police station was actually suspenseful. I didn't see the ending with Nicole coming at ALL, actually, so I let out a big fat gasp.

And I love that Nicole is the bigger person once again, coming to Taylor's aid even when Taylor is being a grade-A pain in the ass. Bonus points for Vivian calling her "that alley cat Taylor!"

It was nice to see Vivian interacting with Roman and Abe. I kind of wish they had tried Vivian/Roman or brought back Tommy or Bill Horton for her. I'm sure there'd be some great reactions to any of those pairings.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

How come DAYS can't do good action? Bo, Roman, Rafe just rush in the door and we don't even see Gus go down? Come on.

Ivan!! I LOL when he walked in wearing that outfit.

Aww....poor Gus calling Vivian, "Mother."

Well at least this storyline finished. One more to be finished tomorrow!

I like that real Caroline is back - that's the Caroline I want to see! Not the nasty, bitter, paternity switching Caroline. I'm glad to see that whole plot has been forgotten because Daniel was so nice to Caroline, and Caroline is not nasty to Maggie anymore.

• Members

We have great actors playing these teens but they really are terribly written for. It's just sad... And that fashion show was a giant WTF moment. LOL what was that!! I forgot to comment on it the other day.

I love how everyone at the end of Wednesdays show in the police station is exiting the show...LOL. I have really been liking Taylor lately so when she leaves I'll miss her now ;-( also Quinn isn't so bad either.

LOVED the Melanie/Daniel/Jennifer/Maggie scenes. I hate Dannifer don't get me wrong, but the scenes were just nice & I loved them all cheering up Mel ;-)

Daniel's DAYS with Jenn are numbered, Jack's comin' home! You know that was him who called her and didn't say anything, yay ;-)

I love EJ and Nicole

• Members

She needs to be the next one killed off TBH. Then doug & julie can move in and take over the pub.

i just saw that fashion show. what. the. [!@#$%^&*]. i felt like i needed to be high and drunk to even try and enjoy it. i will say that i found mel/dario, chad/abby, will/gabby far more rootable with no dialogue tho. and LOL at chad/maggie/adrianne/sonny doing rolling with the hommies and little rap dance moves on the sofa.

• Members

I haven't watched Days since Eileen Davidson left. In fact I have barely watched soaps since then, I have been kept informed by forums like these and seeing bits of occasional episodes or watching one storyline from a show like Kish in OLTL. I really thought those days (no pun intended) of watching every day were over. I decided with some skepticism to tune back into Days due to all the publicity and I am glad I did. Really enjoying the show. Started watching again last week.

I have to say, no matter what people remember about the "golden age" of soaps there was always stuff people hated and stuff they loved, but the overall quality and tone was what was great and Days seems to be bringing that right now. You will never love every storyline or character, but it seems the new head writers and those involved with show are really passionate about putting on a good show. I do hope it works as I would love to keep watching this show. I am once again getting excited to tune in and can't wait for the next episode.

• Members

Glad you're giving it a chance!

And that's very well-said. I feel like I read a lot of -- and I'm not just talking about SON here -- comments like, "I would have enjoyed those scenes, but DARIO was in them, so they were ruined!!!" or "I can't enjoy anything about this prostitute attacker storyline because it disgusts me to see Bo with Hope when HE SHOULD BE WITH CARLY!!!" It's never going to be perfect or entirely suited to an individual viewer's tastes, but if the tone and the overall storytelling are there, I'm sold.

• Administrator

Carly and Vivian were headed to the airport, so why didn't they have one last scene there? Too cheap to bring out the airport set? I also wanted one last Carly/Quinn scene - again it could've been at the airport. Or Ivan invites Carly/Nicholas to board his private plane and we could've had some Vivian/Nicholas scenes too. Quinn/Vivian/Carly/Nicholas on the same plan could've been interesting. And no last Bo/Carly scene?

• Members

It's not excusable. It would have taken a restructured episode in order to have Carly and Vivian meet at the airport and properly send each character off. As a viewer, I'm insulted. Corday really didn't like Louise Sorel and Crystal Chappell and he wanted them gone as soon as possible, this hastily written crap is just vile to both actresses.

Poor Louise, "tell my friends and enemies that they won't be forgotten, especially Carly" and then she WALKS. OUT. OF. THE. PUB?! Lame as [!@#$%^&*].

Archived