DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Today's episode was really good! Loved seeing the romance and humour - I think we had more in this episode than in the past 2 years. I liked that we saw four different stories (Sami/Rafe, Jen/Dan, Victor/Maggie, Quinn/Vivian/Gus) at one location. The production values just keep getting better. I loved how Chloe's room was lit - the background (where the walls are) were dark. The pier was darker too - that last shot of Gus looking at the crime scene was great! And in the previews it looked there was fog at the pier. Another fantastic production aspect was when Bo was imagining the crime scene and the reenactment scenes were done in black-and-white and zooming in on the blood and crate. It was just beautiful to watch. Kudos to Noel Maxam!

• Members

Agreed with all points Toups!

The usual coupling that I abhor, weren't that bad today. They were...tolerable. I'm not a fan of Rafe/Sami or Jen/Daniel, however I felt that in today's episodes everyone in those couplings were true to their character.

Noel keep up the good work, and keep letting your signature style shine through!

• Members

Agreed! While I'm not a fan of the couples Rafe/Sami or Daniel/Jenn, it was great to see actual romance on this show and stories crossing each other. The production values look vastly improved. The restaurant had actual patrons and wasn't empty, before places like the Brady Pub and Cheatin Heart were always so empty I wondered how they stayed in business. The lightening, is much better. Everything isn't purple anymore.

• Members

Holy lighting changes! Did Corday just not watch when the show was pink or did he just not care?

I can't believe there are actually people at Chez Rouge that aren't the main cast.

I know it's a moot point now to most, but I still find it weird that Jen is dating the guy that stole her brother's wife.

• Members

Friday's episode was fantastic, at least compared to we had last month. Still working in Dena's stories, the new writing team is working wonders. I loved the romantic scenes at Chez Rouge, I was finally interested in Dan/Jen and Rafe/Sami and I liked the interaction between everyone at the restaurant. It felt classic Days, and classic SOAP to have characters interacting in a similar setting instead of all the isolated scenes we've been having. Sami and Rafe having scenes with these people is incredibly surprising to me since they've been so closed off forever.

I like Gus as the attacker, it makes sense (though my money was on DA Woods since I figured he hated his wife for hooking and birthing Chad to Stefano and that was his motivation) and I like him trying to frame Quinn. Exciting. Also, the part of the episode that nearly made me jump out of my seat was the music in Gus' scene at the pier! That was classic Days music that I haven't heard in YEARS and it was great to have it back on the soundtrack instead of some wailing Kelly Moneymaker irish sea chant.

The bumpers this week have been fun too, from Marlena/Doc and EJ taking the money from the wall to Sami's interview yesterday. "I don't have a college degree..." "I'm not allowed to work at hospitals anymore."

• Members

Is there a collection of these bumpers anywhere? I dunno If I'm missing them in the Soapnet repeats or they're just not showing them. I've been only watching AMC at one now since the summer just to see it's final days so I don't catch Days live right now.

• Members

I just think it's nice to hear some actual cues designed for the show instead of Kelly Moneymaker. The Stan story was goofy, but I was watching it every day through college so that cue is pretty ingrained in my head as "Days." I'm looking forward to the old DiMera music playing soon, after it was teased in the John mini-clip.

• Members

Lol. I can understand this! For me personally though it was great because I miss any cue DAYS used in the early-mid 2000's. They weren't as great as the ones from way back but I at least felt some attachment to them and they had a signature "DAYS" feel to them. Somewhere along the way, about 3-4 years ago things just changed & the music became cheap & atrocious. I got excited when I heard a cue from pre-Tomlin/Higley because it just felt more like DAYS to me ;-).

Yes, agreed!

• Members

All of this stalling until we get to the 26th is driving me nuts. The scripts are better, yeah, but the stories are really placeholders that are moving at an excruciating pace. Case in point, Taylor and Quinn and Nicole today. Nicole busting in with "evidence" and saying she knows what's up, only to not really know anything was pretty idiotic.

Archived