DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Nevermind. Today's french episode it a lot clearer. Sami said she and Austin are getting married in Vegas tomorrow. So this is Monday, March 18 - almost the end of Langan's material. smile.png Oh man, I totally forgot about this "Is Jack gay?" storyline. LOL

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups, I can't believe you forgot about that story. I still remember a post you put up about it 10 years ago.

Your post was entitled: "DAYS: Langan does it again!" Inside you said "Here's some spoiler space." And then you wrote:

T

O

M

L

A

N

G

A

N

S

U

C

K

S

A

S

S

That was the spoiler space. Then you posted the spoiler, telling us that a new storyline was being rolled out, in which Jack would pretend to Greta that he was gay.

I remember that on a few boards some posters didn't believe that the spoiler was serious. They thought that the OP was making a joke, since it was so crazy that many simply believed the poster was mocking the absurdity of TL's writing by making up an over-the-top example of the next thing we could expect Langan to write.

• Members

Is it a real channel in France or a special french channel in Canada? I remember when I was in Paris in 2004 I saw an episode of DAYS and it was dubbed. They were showing episodes from 2000 but since they cut it into two episodes (one being 20 minutes) they keep getting more and more behind.

• Members

It's funny because there have been French adaptations of hour shows, kept to an hour, before--although it's true that many of the more popular ones (aside from Santa Barbara which was huge there) have been 30 minute shows--B&B, and Loving which was insanely popular there for a while. I know in the past some soaps have had seperate Quebecois dubs, but I don't think these ones are (it's a common practice though--films, like the Disney animated films, often have seperate Quebec ones).

TVA is a Quebec based French station that you get on basic cable across Canada (at least we do here in BC...)

• Members

Cosign on Jack being gay was a stupid story. I didnt beleive they actually went there with that silly nonsene. I did remember Harold being cute though

When is TB's last airdate? Im soooo ready to be done with Smug Taylor

I hate the way they write Lexie as a doctor...she's so dramatic! "Chloe slipped into a coma. I dont know when or IF she's ever gonna come out of it" She always lays out the worst scenario and coes across insensitive to the familyand friends. She almost had us thinking Sami could be dying last week and sometimes she lets the family think the patient is dead and of course thats not the case.

• Administrator

LMAO!! I do not remember posting that. The "TOM LANGAN SUCKS ASS" does sound like me but me posting about spoiler doesn't. :lol: Maybe I was into spoilers back then, I don't remember. LOL

TVA is not a specialty channel. It's one of the two main french channels in Canada. Yeah, I don't understand why they're not airing the full hour because like you said, it's just going to make then further behind.

Surprised that's not online. I know I have it on tape.

• Members

Is anyone noticing different production values on DAYS lately? I'm watching right now and it's looking 1000% better. It's most evident to me in the Sami/Rafe scenes at their apartment. Sami isn't looking like ultra crystal powder Snow WHITE like she usually does. I think there really is a difference. Thank you Meng/Maxam for turning down the lights!

• Members

Sami telling Rafe that he's the "perfect man" and a "saint" rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Spare me. The Safe scenes were boring as hell & so contrived.

But I did love her story to him about the chicken pox. Eric and John mentions!

Kate and EJ have been having the best scenes lately. I love how they were talking about how each of them are back to their "old" selves. LOL and cheers to the writing team for acknowledging the terribleness of Dena Higleys pod EJ and Kate. Also LOVED Kate's advice to EJ about how he needs a woman by his side who accepts him for who he is. Nicole!

I love how the Gabi/Will stuff is being handled. Will really is not into Gabi (or girls lol). I loved when Chad complimented Abby on what she was wearing, then the camera cut to Will/Gabi - Will didn't say anything nice to Gabi and Gabi was just sitting there looking disappointed. LOL. Will seems more into the project and being around Sonny and Chad.

Nicole has been looking a hideous mess lately IMO

Archived