August 15-19, 2011

Toups

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL increased in the demo. That's where it matters so it didn't lose ground. No spin there. Reality.

As far as ABC not caring, that's been established long ago. People have pointed out they want to see OLTL gain for sentimental reasons. Just have fun with it. Anything to the contrary is trifling nonsense.

• Members

OLTL may be slightly down this week but the year to date gains are great considering the genre is dead. OLTL is just 1 point below Y&R in demos so does this mean Y&R is in serious danger? I do wonder if HH still matter at CBS: I remember Mooves saying they did and that he was setting rates accordingly years ago.

The B&B teen cast isn't helping with demos plus it just sucks to watch. Bold is a waste of airtime

• Members

I am completely bummed that AMC didn't go up but I must admit I have been glued to my TV for AMC and OLTL the past couple of weeks. I haven't been this excited about the soaps in forever. I love the soaps but AMC and OLTL remind me of the old days. And I must say I am just beyond over waiting for news from Prospect Park. I know I have no choice but to wait but come on already.....AMC finishes taping for ABC next week.

• Members

I think Y&R seems a bit better since PR has left.( In some respects until this dreadful murder mystery) Y&R has lost almost a million viewers since last year and almost a quarter milion in demo. I do think a change is coming.

Days has show some sings of life with 2.6 million viewers. They are gonna over take OLTL come fall. OLTL may be riding high now but a number of factors will bring it down esp as the tale of two Todd's winds down. And as Days gets into their reboot.

AMC dead last again. With all these returns, their rating still are not budging. Nothing will. I think that ship has really sailed. I think these returns are a mistake and a mis step for AMC

LOL. It did go down and I think it will continue to do so.

Archived