August 15-19, 2011

Toups

• Members

I think that you can cut some production values - ATWT did in later years and I thought the show still looked fine. But I agree that wise cast cuts also make sense. The real question is whether you want to cut a few high priced vets or cut a lot of cheaper nobodies. Y&R seems to have chosen the former, leading to a ratings drop.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL went down a bit in viewers but the best point is it increased in demos which IMO is the best point. Still keeping consistent IMO. the demo increases are fantastic. Again another week beating GH in viewership is fantastic. OLTL continues to hold steady which is great and interesting as highest show was Friday's show which was the emotional fallout of everything.

• Members

More of a mixed bag for OLTL this week. For the second week in a row OLTL lost viewers (84,000) and the big reveal dailies did not draw 3+ million viewers like the lead up did.

However, on the positive side, for the 18th straight week OLTL was ABC's #1 viewed soap :-) That makes the 21st time OLTL been ABC's #1 soap started the show started an upswing trend last October.

Despite all the view gains, OLTL has only managed to beat GH in demos once.

FYI,

Pre RH:

April 2011 averaged 2,598,048 viewers with 670,500 in 18-49 demos.

Post RH:

May averaged 2,561,667 with 647,000 demos.

Jun 2011 2,552,636 with 644,400 demos.

Jul 2011 2,679,450 with 640,250 demos

Thru 8/19, OLTL averaging 2,868,333 with 747,666 in 18-49 demos

Archived