GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Was it a miss to not pair Steve and Jessie? I'm not so sure. Frank and Doris Hursley had written for Search for Tomorrow for awhile, I'm told, and they would have understood a platonic male/female relationship from writing for Jo and Stu on "Search". I think one of the reasons that Steve and Jessie weren't paired up was because of that perennial soap demon, age. Even by the time "GH" had some longevity under its belt, its leading man and woman were showing signs of aging, and I think that is ultimately why they didn't give Steve and Jessie good story by the late 70s, even though both were phenomenal, gifted actors.

• Members

I didn't even notice poor Norma.

I guess these never had soap people, with a few exceptions. At least they did have their own daytime promos for Still The One.

Genie Francis pops up in the 1981 fall season promo. (I bet Geary hated that)

• Members

What was the Monica story (the call from the foster home)?

Gail is so soothing. And look - back when soaps treated therapy seriously. I guess this must have been a certain passion of Gloria Monty's.

I don't mind Grant but I'm not sure I would care that much about two of him. Which one kidnapped Anna? The one in the flannel shirt?

I love Lesley but that Webber family setup probably would have gotten on my nerves at the time. How soon after this did she "die"?

• Members

The two Grants. Not the best storyline in GH history. But it did lead to the fantastic Anna story.

I'm not really a fan of the Rick and Lesley of this era either. I think they needed more drama and less light fluffy material.

Brock was such a jerk.

• Members

Found some TV listings from the Tucson Daily Citizen on Newspapers.com. They include small descriptions of episodes from General Hospital from June to October, 1965.

Monday, June 7, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer has second thoughts concerning Angies baby and Janet Fleming.

Tuesday, June 8, 1965: Will Eddie do a favor for Angie?

Wednesday, June 9, 1965: Phil Brewer wonders about Jessies attitude toward Lee Baldwin.

Thursday, June 10, 1965: Randy Washburn pays a surprise call on Audrey Hardy.

Friday, June 11, 1965: Eddie and Angie Weeks make some plans which may prove dangerous to both of them.

Monday, June 14, 1965: No information.

Tuesday, June 15, 1965: Phil Brewer is concerned by the reaction of Jessie Brewer to the events of the day before.

Wednesday, June 16, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer offers consolation to Lee Baldwin.

Thursday, June 17, 1965: Audrey Hardy has some advice for Phil Brewer.

Friday, June 18, 1965: Eddie and Angie Weeks set out on a tragic course of action.

Monday, June 21, 1965: Jessie Brewer receives a disturbing message from Mike Costello.

Tuesday, June 22, 1965: News of Angie Weeks reaches Jessie Brewer.

Wednesday, June 23, 1965: Audrey and Steve Hardy have a disagreement.

Thursday, June 24, 1965: Lee Baldwin makes a play for Angie.

Friday, June 25, 1965: Phil Brewer is shocked by his own reaction to Audrey Hardy.

Monday, June 28, 1965: Jessie Brewer is not sure she can count on Phil Brewer.

Tuesday, June 29, 1965: Audrey Hardy shows remorse.

Wednesday, June 30, 1965: Angies troubles are magnified.

Thursday, July 1, 1965: The story continues to develop as Steve Hardy hires an old flame.

Friday, July 2, 1965: The Brewer situation comes to a head.

Monday, July 5, 1965: Jessie Brewer refuses to discuss Phils decision with Dr. Steve Hardy.

Tuesday, July 6, 1965: Audrey Hardy shows remorse.

Wednesday, July 7, 1965: Audrey Hardy and Jessie Brewer review Phil Brewers situation.

Thursday, July 8, 1965: The search continues for Eddie and Angie Weeks and their baby.

Friday, July 9, 1965: Steve Hardy introduces an old girlfriend, Nurse Meg Bentley, to Audrey.

Monday, July 12, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentleys first day on Dr. Steve Hardys staff interrupted by an investigation.

Tuesday, July 13, 1965: Eddie and Angie Weeks need their sick babys medical history.

Wednesday, July 14, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy warns Nurse Jessie Brewer of the legal dangers involved in helping Angie.

Thursday, July 15, 1965: Warned by lawyer Lee Baldwin, Nurse Jessie Brewer obtains the information.

Friday, July 16, 1965: While the Flemings wait for news, the attending doctor becomes suspicious of Angie and Eddie Weeks.

Monday, July 19, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley and Audrey Hardy exchange problems.

Tuesday, July 20, 1965: Angie Weeks consults Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Wednesday, July 21, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy and Nurse Jessie Brewer tell Mike Costello of recent develops.

Thursday, July 22, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer contacts the Flemings.

Friday, July 23, 1965: Lawyer Lee Baldwin comes to the aid of Angie and Eddie Weeks.

Monday, July 26, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer learns the outcome of Lee Baldwins visit.

Tuesday, July 27, 1965: Audrey Hardy begins to understand Angie Weeks motive for taking her own child.

Wednesday, July 28, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley tells Dr. Steve Hardy about her personal problems.

Thursday, July 29, 1965: Lee Baldwin questions Jessie Brewer about Phils departure.

Friday, July 30, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy tries to talk sense into Eddie Weeks.

Monday, August 2, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy finds a solution to Audreys problem.

Tuesday, August 3, 1965: Lawyer Lee Baldwin consults Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Wednesday, August 4, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley boosts Audrey Hardys morale.

Thursday, August 5, 1965: Lee Baldwin asks for help from Dr. Steve Hardy and Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Friday, August 6, 1965: Mike Costello meets with Edie Weeks before his and Angies trial.

Monday, August 9, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy and Nurse Jessie Brewer try to calm Mike Costello.

Tuesday, August 10, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley studies her patients case.

Wednesday, August 11, 1965: Audrey Hardys therapy begins to work.

Thursday, August 12, 1965: Angie Weeks still fells innocent of the charges made against her.

Friday, August 13, 1965: Audrey and Steve Hardy discuss a card from Phil Brewer.

Monday, August 16, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer hears from her estranged husband.

Tuesday, August 17, 1965: Lee Baldwin confides in Jessie Brewer.

Wednesday, August 18, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley asks Dr. Steve Hardy for help.

Thursday, August 19, 1965: No information.

Friday, August 20, 1965: Dr. Bob Ayers defends Angie and Eddie Weeks.

Monday, August 23, 1965: Audrey Hardy and Lucille March discuss Dr. Hardys visit with Nurse Meg Bentley.

Tuesday, August 24, 1965: No information.

Wednesday, August 25, 1965: Al Weeks and Mike Costello, the fathers of Angie and Eddie, meet.

Thursday, August 26, 1965: Dr. Bob Ayers asks student nurse Kate Larkin for a date.

Friday, August 27, 1965: Lawyer Lee Baldwin prepares Nurse Jessie Brewer for cross-examination.

Monday, August 30, 1965: Audrey Hardy reacts to Dr. Steve Hardys conversation with Nurse Meg Bentley.

Tuesday, August 31, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy meets with Brook Bentley.

Wednesday, September 1, 1965: Lee Baldwin puts Al Weeks on the stand.

Thursday, September 2, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer bears Dr. Steve Hardys testimony.

Friday, September 1, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer discusses the future with Lee Baldwin.

Monday, September 6, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley admits her fear of daughter Brook to Dr. Steve Hardy.

Tuesday, September 7, 1965: Lee Baldwin puts Eddie Weeks on the stand.

Wednesday, September 8, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley discusses the situation with Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Thursday, September 9, 1965: Audrey Hardy discusses her position with Dr. Steve Hardy.

Friday, September 10, 1965: The district attorney cross-examines Eddie Weeks.

Monday, September 13, 1965: Dr. Hardy has a new patient to talk about.

Tuesday, September 14, 1965: Story development for today shows Jessie Brewer planning for the future.

Wednesday, September 15, 1965: Audrey Hardy recognizes Bill Henderson.

Thursday, September 16, 1965: Angie Weeks goes through direct examination by Lee Baldwin.

Friday, September 17, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy tries to help Nurse Meg Bentley with her daughter, Brook.

Monday, September 20, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley and her daughter, Brook, come in for discussion today.

Tuesday, September 21, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer has lunch with Lee Baldwin before his final argument to the jury.

Wednesday, September 22, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy asks for Audreys help with Bill Henderson.

Thursday, September 23, 1965: Eddie and Angie Weeks await the jurys decision.

Friday, September 24, 1965: Eddie and Angie Weeks are sentenced.

Monday, September 27, 1965: Dr. Bob Ayers discusses Angie with Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Tuesday, September 28, 1965: Bill Henderson tries to revive the past with Audrey Hardy. Eddie Weeks visits Mike Costello.

Wednesday, September 29, 1965: Dr. Steve Hardy offers help with daughter Brook to Nurse Meg Bentley.

Thursday, September 30, 1965: Lee Baldwin has a serious talk with Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Friday, October 1, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer tells Dr. Steve Hardy about Phils letter.

Monday, October 4, 1965: No info.

Tuesday, October 5, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley discusses Dr. Noel Clinton with daughter Brook.

Wednesday, October 6, 1965: Audrey Hardy has a disagreement with Bill Henderson.

Thursday, October 7, 1965: No info.

Friday, October 8, 1965: Nurse Jessie Brewer makes an appointment with another doctor.

Monday, October 11, 1965: Nurse Brewers anxieties are explored.

Tuesday, October 12, 1965: Dr. Prentice confirms Jessies fears.

Wednesday, October 13, 1965: Kate Larkin realizes Dr. Bob Ayers is still interested in Angie.

Thursday, October 14, 1965: Audrey Hardy and Meg Bentley discuss Bill Henderson.

Friday, October 15, 1965: Dr. Noel Clinton performs emergency surgery on Brook Bentley.

Monday, October 18, 1965: Nurse Meg Bentley confesses guilt about daughter Brook to Dr. Steve Hardy.

Tuesday, October 19, 1965: Bill Henderson tells Audrey Hardy that Steve wants him to visit.

Wednesday, October 20, 1965: Lee Baldwin calls Nurse Jessie Brewer.

Edited by depboy