GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Listen, I am the worst at knowing or telling people's ages and I always think people that played teens on soaps are younger than they are lol.  Julia just seemed a lot older than Brenda even though they were probably only 5 or 6 years apart on the show.  CC just always had those power suits and owned multiple businesses and was always chiding Brenda so she seemed about 40 in 1993 when she was probably only like 23.

ETA-VM and CC are less than a year apart in age so Idek.  CC just read so much older and VM seems much younger.  Not even in looks-just in characterization. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think recasting Julia is the worst idea in the world. I would definitely not put Drew with Carly at all though. That's just a Jason retread for her.

I think Monty had her camped up in tight bun hair and being very haughty when CC first started, didn't she? That'll do it.

• Members

I think you would absolutely test her with Sonny.  Just saying.  It sort of writes itself.  I don't know why Julia seemed so old.  It has to be her styling and her exasperation of anything fun.  Also, I think her being Brenda's guardian immediately made me think she was much older. 

A job's a job.  She doesn't need the money I am sure, but I could see her accepting a new part that had a solid history and idea.

I don't think I would like her and Drew, but it might be fun to see Carly in a triangle with Brenda's sister.  Julia's such a blank slate.  Never married, no kids, we know nothing about her and why Brenda seems to not invite her to any of her million weddings even though they made up 25 years ago.

• Members

I don't even think about whoever RH is playing these days, but I guess it's possible.  I still think the real drama would be her and Sonny.  It just has so many more soapy aspects.  

ETA-I actually thought Julia/Jax would be a potential pairing if Ingo wasn't Ingo.  She always seem to have a crush on him.  And you know Brenda was so jealous of Julia, but you have to assume Julia was also a little jealous of Brenda as well.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

What's one more?  I ETA my post on saying Jax/Julia was probably my ideal.  I could see Sonny wanting to know why Brenda was so jealous of Julia and Julia wanting to know what's so awesome about Sonny.  And, you know, Sonny could be sleeping with her just because she reminded him of Brenda or whatever.  

To me, Sonny has been so tarnished over the years with random women and impregnating them something based in history wouldn't bother me.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Oh, yes, I've seen that. Oy.

Howarth is playing Dr. Austin Gatlin-Holt, Jimmy Lee's annoying son. I think fans would've warmed to Howarth as a Q 9 years ago, but he showed up about 8 years and 2 other roles too late. The pairing with Maxie squicks me out as he still seems too young for her. Howarth had a viable place on GH once but it's long, long gone IMO.

Edited by Vee

• Members

A lot of her seeming old might be the pairing with Tony/Bill.  There is just something naive and fresher about Vanessa that made her seem so much younger.  Maybe it's the fact VM was so green.  CC is clearly the better actress, but she does lack a little star power and charisma.  And of course CC is beautiful but she's not Vanessa Marcil 90's stunning.  Idk, it's weird they killed off Harlan before Brenda even aired, but I assume they were just looking to build a teen scene and didn't think Brenda would matter much in the long run.